1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the PRO gunshow Saturday at the Franklin county fairgrounds and the place was packed to the rafters with people!

The only problem was there were very few tables with top shelf stuff.

I think there were more cheap knife tables than firearms tables. And most of the firearms tables seemed cluttered with cheap stuff i.e. Llama's or FEG's in abused condition.

Don't get me wrong, I like to ponder over the antuques and old shotguns but it seemed most of the stuff there was surplus rifles from WWII. Even the parts dealers were outrageous! I had a guy offer to give me a deal by selling me some checkerd gold emblem Colt grips for a .45 for $45.00!!!I guess I didn't realise they were that rare!

Hell, I don't know maybe I'm expecting too much. I was there for over two hours and the best I could find was one small collectors table with a few Les Baers. He didn't look too happy. Maybe he thought he was in the wrong place too.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Another fine Clinton legacy, for every FFL harassed out of business we lost another table, usually at several shows. I only go to the Dayton show about every third month because it is all tourist junk non FFL stuff and only a few decent firearms dealers. There is usually one big H&K/Springfield/AR guy, a Glock/Smith/Ruger table and a good cartridge black powder table. You can get good buys on reloading and cleaning supplies though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry to hear that the Dayton show has declined. I used to live in Cincinnati (1992-96) and I thought it was a pretty good show. Made several gun purchases there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Dayton show is, in my opinion, is the best in Ohio. Cole is there with some good ammo prices. Like others have said, the accessories are good prices, but everyone there charges top dollar for firearms.

MD

·
Registered
523 Posts
I too, thought the Hilliard show was far from stellar. There wasn't much quality there and they were asking way too much for the junk they had.

The Lancaster show seems to be better, but still littered with the same kinds of "dealers".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts