1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this was a parts kit from someone like Sarco in the 60s , the slide is colt and fits pretty good . All new parts are going to be fit.

Thanks for looking .

Started out something like this , the tangs back of TS pin hole were quiet interesting to blend!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Look at Brownell's 1911 stuff...
they sell a plunger tube with FOUR pins/legs, and a jig for drilling the two additional holes.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Okay, no longer stocked by Brownell's.
So checkout Michiguns Ltd,
and look for their "ESPT"...
$41 for the tube,
$25 for the jig.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So I find out the plunger tube holes are .120 and the spec on the plunger tube legs is .096 , any suggestions ?

Thanks
Silver solder it in the frame..Put a little flux underneath it and in the holes,then stake it,and have at it from inside..Or maybe silver solder the holes shut,and re-drill them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Silver solder it in the frame..Put a little flux underneath it and in the holes,then stake it,and have at it from inside..Or maybe silver solder the holes shut,and re-drill them.
NICE..I have a crazy project I'm working on with an Essex frame I got DIRT cheap.[Don't cry,bought it for 15 bucks..].Guess what?? Just looked at it,SAME PROBLEM..

·
Registered
22,017 Posts
I have seen a picture of a plunger tube held on with screws. They are in a flange below the regular holes and you have to drill and tap the frame and inlet the grip, but the tube is not going anywhere.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I built this up on an old Essex frame traded in on a Caspian years ago. A VGC Itajuba/Imbel Brazillian surplus slide fit very nicely and USGI surplus parts filled it out.

Ain't very pretty , but it turned out very accurate and reliable for well under $200 invested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts