1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
If you try some out, let us know how it works. I love a .22 Mag. Finally found a Walmart that had some of the good old, Winchester 40gr JHP silver box for $8.97/box. I manged to get four boxes. Will hit it again later for more. However, I can't always find it.

One of the reviews at the site said it was the most accurate in the Marlin Micro-grooved barrels. I have a Marlin so that might be interesting.

For the Single-Six you might see if the local Wallys have any Winchester DynaPoint .22 mag. Here they run $7.97/50. It's a copper washed, lead bullet with a dimple for a hollow point. My understanding is that it is loaded to replicate the old .22 WRF loads and is intended for hunting edible game you don't want to splatter with a regular mag. I've yet to get mine out and try any of it so can't give a report yet. The one thing I've seen repeated is to make sure you clean all copper fouling out of a barrel before using the DynaPoints or your accuracy will suck. Makes sense. If after a good cleaning the stuff works in the S-S it could be a great all around plinking and small game load. Not full mag level, but still like packing a .22LR rifle in a handy sixgun.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This
For the Single-Six you might see if the local Wallys have any Winchester DynaPoint .22 mag. Here they run $7.97/50
is what I got one 50rnd box at 2 differant walmarts.
The Cabelas deal is 500 rnds at a good price. I guess I will order some and pick it up at the store.
I want some 30-30 as well but can not make up my mind if I want 150 or 170
30-30 leaver action no scope for hogs and hope deer no realy long shots :confused:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Fiocchi .22 WMR shoots very well for me in my CZ bolt gun and Win. 9422M. The 9422M has a rather weak primer strike, but the Fiocchi never gives me trouble.
They make pretty decent 9mm ammo too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Fiocchi is pretty good ammo, i've only tried it on shotgun shells, .38 and .357 magnum though. Never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I have used it, and find it is fine.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts