1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seem places listing v-bobs blk for $1800+ and the ss for $1500+. They are out of stock, sure, but I am wondering if these prices aretrue prices already from the distributors. If this is true.....

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I was in my local shop today, counter guy said the ValorBob will be over $1300 in dealer cost, so that puts the retail around $1500 plus...

Great for them if DW quality will improve, but you won't see them flying off the shelf!:(

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Man I didn't need to see that. My GBob dreams are not being helped by this. :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
After seeing those prices I have decided that I am going to let you all Beta test them and listen to the feedback before I throw down that many duckets on any 2010 DW's.

Now I'm sure they will be fine weapons but for that much money I'm gonna by a Thunder Ranch first.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh Boy - Continuing to wait...
AARRRGH - The v bob black was supposed to be a no brainer, looks like there will be some home work to do (once we know exactly what is being offered at those prices).

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
WE NEED DAVE AND KEITH. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Just watch the rest of the 1911 manufacture's prices go up too, with their 2010 Models................

Clyde

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I hear that NK. My Colts might not be in as much danger as they were, a week ago. But we shall see. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well.... I do have some long guns I could sell off to buy a GBOB. And some tax refund..... And some yard sale crap.....

Yep, It still doable.

·
Registered
514 Posts
On sporting arms it seems to say it cost's $350 to get black. They also seem to show a bobbed 5 incher, if I am seeing correctly. Maybe they have some fine tuning to do on their site yet.

·
Registered
514 Posts
So, since it's true how/when do we get a headsup about what we will be getting for the bucks?
Hopefully DW can tell us what each of the changes/improvements are so budgets can be planned and decisions made.
As I said I thought the vbob and gbob would be no brainers but now I (for one) need more info.

On second thought, no matter how expensive it may seem $1800 for the vbob black may not be so bad $200 general price increase (vs the '09 Valor), $200 for the upgraded finish and another $100 for miscellaneous goodies. Hmmmmm

Third thought - go pick up my mouse gun over at STI (not gonna carry it anyway, it's a fun piece), save $600, and buy the Vbob no matter what the cost. I got some thinking to do for Monday. More info is always good, best that we know this starting now.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.