1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up my 14.45 LDA this weekend and in the box along with my new LDA is a certificate to send for up to two HIGH-CAPACITY magazines.

Is this too good to be true? :rolleyes:

Please note that I live in California.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes. If you live in Kalifornia it is too good to be true. For the rest of (most) of us, we get the FULL caps.

Call Para and ask for 2 additional 10 rounders instead. I think they will give them to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That really SUCKS!

For whatever reason we here in Kalifornia keep on electing these liberal socialize in office time and time again. And what did we get from these liberals:
· Some of the highest state taxes in the country.
· Every gun control law you could think of.
· A $38 billion deficit, which is highest in the country.
· Some of the lowest scholastic in the country.
· Some of the highest crime rate in the country.
· Some of the highest un-employment in the country.
· Mismanaged forest that burned down over 3000 homes. Mismanage because of our position on NOT cutting any of the tree down in our state.
· Drivers license for legal aliens. And the reason for that is so that this will aloud the legal aliens to register to vote. Yes, to vote. Everyone knows here in Kalifornia knows that you could register to vote when you are applying for your drivers license, and our government don’t have the resource to check if these people are US citizens or not. And since it is the Democrats that gave them this, guess who are going to get the illegal votes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have no use ofr hte certificate, let me know what you will take in exchange for the cert. I could use some more hi caps for IPSC shooting.

-ralph

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The certificate said it is "non-transferable" and it also requires the serial number of the gun, a copy of the sales receipt and the From ATF 4473.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Para has one of the best customer service centers I have had the pleasure of dealing with. They WILL send you 2 10-rounders for free (they'll even pay the shipping) in lieu of the coupon. Should take 2 weeks to arrive...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You all are right (ronceguerra & DanDean316). I e-mail their customer service people and I just get a e-mail back from them. And they are going to send me 2 10-round magazine for free in lieu of the high-capacity magazine that are not illegal in California.

I am pleasantly surprised about Para's level of commitment to customer satisfaction.

Thank you guys so much for the tip!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I got the two free 10-rd mags when I bought my 1640. The "high cap certificate" just guarantees the other state's buyers the right to BUY two hi-cap mags.... at $60 each (back when I bought my gun). Personally, I preferred getting two 10-rounders for free. After the AWB dies, hi-cap mags will become plentiful and won't cost $60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is AWB?
And when is this going to die?
How is AWB going to change the laws passed in California?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Edw said:
What is AWB?
And when is this going to die?
How is AWB going to change the laws passed in California?
Edw, AWB stands for the Assault Weapons Ban that makes it illegal to purchase hi-cap magazines holding more than 10 rounds. It's supposed to sunset in September, 2004 unless we all just sit around and let our politicians have their way with us again. The last recall election should have sent them a message, but we still cannot afford to rest on our laurels - WE NEED TO LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD! Enough is enough. :hrm:
Glad you had a good experience with Para. Their customer service isn't perfect, but they've always bent over backwards to make it right for me. Enjoy your 14.LDA. I have a P-14 that I absolutely love.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My how times have changed, back in my days of plentiful guns, AWB stood for "Average White Band". Show your age and say I remember those guys.

77Bronc

BTW, IMO, the AWB has a snowballs chance in heck to set, there is no way this is going to set. The liberal machine is running in high gear right now, just look at the Einstein Nine in the news, these dems are clueless and will say or do anything for a vote.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got my 2 free 10 round magazines from Para yesterday. They really believe in customer satisfaction.

Thanks again on the tip for these magazines everyone.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got the hi cap mags sent to Cali when I got my P14/45. The gun came with one and there was the coupon for the two hi cap mags.
Para in NY sent the mags to my home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts