1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
No. Stick with Wolff springs. Also be careful with the ISMI springs. You have to cut them to the correct length. If you do not it could cause problems.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Never tried ISMI springs - never had a reason to. Wolff has always been good to me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'll disagree about ISMI springs and go farther in saying they're better than Wolff. They last longer, and suposedly of are more consistent weight than Wolff. I've also never had to trim a ISMI spring, even when running a shock buff(although two shock buffs and an 11# spring did cause problems).

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,003 Posts
I ran Wolff 17# recoil springs in my .45 for years with no problems. I am now using an ISMI 16# spring, and after maybe 1000 rounds am completely satisfied with its performance. I haven't checked the length or done anything to test it, other than keep shooting. They have a limited warrantee; I think they'll replace it for any reason within a year of purchase. I did have to cut a coil or two; fitting instructions are included.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wolf markets springs which are of good quality.

The ISMI springs are superior for several reasons- they are engineered differently, are made from higher quality materials, and the manufacturing processes are more advanced. ISMI springs last longer and have a 1 year replacement warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts