1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here with a question on my Israeli HP a got last summer form AIM.

I finally got to shoot it last week and I couldn't hit paper with it! I was out about 25' and I hit the paper once out of 8 shots. Now, I'm an OK shot cause I tool out my Kimber 45 CDP and put 6 shots in a 4" group at the same distance. So I moved closer, 15 feet. Same thing! Now two rounds out of 8 hit the paper. What can through off the sights so much? Any suggestion? I didn't do anything to the gun except clean, load and shoot. All shots went off with no FTF or FTE. And I have read that some have gotten MK II and other MK III. How do you tell the difference?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
11,419 Posts
First, get a bigger target to determine POA/POI and group size. Then you can work on moving/replacing sights after you figure out if it is even grouping decently. Could be that you really only need to get the barrel recrowned.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Angry, you have the Kareen high power. I have several and they mostly had the same problem, what I did was replace the barrel with a Federal Arms barrel and the groups evened out at 2.1" at 25. I had one fitted with a Bar-sto barrel and tuned by a Browning HP gunsmith and this particular model shoots groups averaging 1.6" at 25.

Now, if you decide you want to sell yours, I'm interested as I'm looking for a stock Kareen since all of mine have modifications.

John

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Why, the king of gunsmiths, Wilson himself. Go to http://www.wilsoncombat.com and check him out. Otherwise, you might try getting a Federal HP barrel and see, but that will cost you around $85 as they are drop in. In my opinion, I would recommend that you have a custom stainless barrel fitted by a competant gunsmith such as Wilson. You are looking at around $220 for a Bar-sto bbl and around $125 for installation, but it's been a while since I've had any custom barrels fitted so it may be more, but IT'S WELL WORTH IT.

[This message has been edited by sousana (edited 11-25-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts