1911Forum banner

Israeli turn ins

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ruskiegunlover 
#1 ·
I have purchased an Israeli turn in BHP and have had problems with ejecting spent shells. Yesterday I used all new magazines, 5 of them and with 150 shots I didn't have any problems at all. Sold one of the BHP's that was giving me problems and I'll bet it was the magazines also. I discarded the magazine that came with the pistol and I should have done that before because it was badly beat up at the heel. Has anyone else had those same problems with the magazines that came with the Israeli turn ins?

#2 ·
I have not had magazine problems with the surplus guns I have bought.

The reason for this is all the guns I bought came with a new MecGar 13 round magazine.

I can see how an old abused magazine could cause problems.

FWIW

Chuck

#4 ·
I just bought off of gunbroker an older import that I think a guy has had for a while. Spur hammer, original small style safety, black older style plastic grips. Paid 385 for it with shipping. Hoping for a good one. Figure its the companion gun to my vector uzi.

HOPING its good. I love the wear on it, just want it reliable. Are these things hard to get working right? Going to buy a ton of mags for it in a few months. Will have to save up though.

#6 ·
At $385 you probably did fine on the HP.

As Bergs said, there is not much very likely to be wrong that can't be pretty easily fixed on your HP. Only shooting will tell how accurate it is of course.

For magazines I always recommend www.gregecotellc.com He offers excellent prices and lightening fast delivery. Quite a few of us here have bought from him in the past and been satisfied.

Consider buying 15 round magazines... I have used them for some years now, and I can find no difference in performance compared to the standard 13 round version.

Enjoy your HP

V/r

Chuck

#5 · (Edited)
Ruskie,

You have a better than 95% chance of getting a reliable Hi Power.
If not, they're usually very easy to fix by someone who knows what they're doing.

Give it a good cleaning and lube it up well before you shoot it. After that it should be all smiles.

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.