1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bear with me people, this is my first attempt at pic posting.(one of my sons was in town and brought his camera).

100% origional Sist.,bought a bunch of them in 1956/57 for about $26/$27 ea.(to lazy to dig out paper work.

Should have wiped off preservative,lint and the like first but didn't think of it.

Stumpy

Did something wrong,didn't come up:scratch:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last pic..

If you can make it out,look at the slide to frame fit,I swear it's not more than 1 or 2 thousands of an inch,I would be afraid of that close tolerance fit under battlefield conditions,but boy it sure is smooth,almost like it was on ball bearings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
Hey Stumpy, wanna double your money? ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stumpy, let's see a close up of the markings on the right side of the slide. I see a nice crest, did you get one from the Police, Army or Air Force?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Double my money..

I turned down about $900 (about 37/38 times what I have in it )once,as much as I like the gun I just don't believe they are worth that much,after all they are not a GI issue,but there probably isn't too many around in that condition,a friend of mine has one out of the same batch,I should have kept all 3 of the ones I bought as they sure would have beat the 5% or so that CD's were earning over the years,but then again 95/98% and better GI's were selling for the same price(private individual sales) and they would have been a better bargin.I don't know if they all shoot the same but the guy I traded the 3rd one out of the batch to was a 2600+ shooter from the Army and I saw him put 5 rds. into about 2 1/2" group at 50yds. slow fire after he got the gun.

Stumpy

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rrotz..

Don't have a camera to take more pic's,my son did these over the weekend for me,it's Army,mint unfired just like it was when it came from the factory(it didn't have a ser#'d mag when it came from the importer,not a one in the batch did nor in the 2nd batch the shop ordered)I've read that a lot of them from the mid 50's production had plain mags)He wasn't in town long enough to be able to preview pics and clean them up or try diff. lighting and etc:,one of these days I may buy a camera and try my hand on some of this stuff.

Stumpy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts