1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I cast my nets wide in hopes of finding a nice custom or ready to be customised commander sized pistol. I stopped by my favorite store and there it was,.... A 95% National Match Ser. No. 34xx NM, with box and papers. They had $900.00 on it but I talked them down to $600.00 I love the Royal blue finish but there's one blemish in the blueing about the size of a partial fingerprint where the gun was stored after not being wiped down properly. There's no pitting but the blueing is gone.

What kinda deal did I get?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes, I would say your deal is somewhere between great and theft! You must be one smoooooooth talker! Way to go.

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Orion,

No doubt about it, you managed to secure an excellent deal! Hold onto it -- sounds like you've got yourself a classic pistol.

Chuck

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,394 Posts
So, we're talking a 1930's Commercial National Match? I saw a mint one at the local gun show about a year ago; for $4000!!!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
He is'nt talking a National Match but a Gold Cup National Match Rick B. The blueing being gone is sarcasm. Sounds like you got a good one Orion. Now shoot the piss out of it and pass it on. To any of us for the same price.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Remember that the slide has been lightened to shoot 185 grain semiwadcutters. You shouldn't shoot full power loads in it,

David

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by RickB:
So, we're talking a 1930's Commercial National Match? I saw a mint one at the local gun show about a year ago; for $4000!!!
No, we're talking about a 1958 Gold Cup National Match. Still a pretty good deal if you ask me.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I should clarify that it is indeed a Gold Cup National Match, There is a blemish or more specifically two in the blueing on theleft of the slide that looks like someone had something corrosive on their fingertip when they were handling the gun before they put it in storage. The blemishes are about 3/16's daimeter roughly
and the entire affected area is about two fingers wide.

My next question is should I send this out to have it reblued and if so. Where to?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Heck I live in the same city and can't get deals like that!

Orion if you don't mind me asking which shop did you get it at? Whenever I go to any stores around here and try to talk them down on a price they look at me like how dare I try and talk them down.

Enjoy & shoot your new prize a lot!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Powder room, it was on consignment THAT'S how I got the good deal.

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by Orion (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
maybe ill see ya there at the powder room. i go there after work and sometimes weekends.got some good deals there and i enjoy the indoor range they have,very reasonable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts