1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SIG-Sauer P220, Made in West Germany.
I went to the LGS to pickup some cleaning supplies, and this followed me home. I have always wanted a SIG-Sauer, but was really looking for a P229, like Hank Voight (Jason Beghe) carries on Chicago PD. I saw this in the case and it said "Buy Me". The counter guy said the LGS had bought a 110 gun collection from an estate, the son did not want any of his fathers firearms. It looks like it has never been fired or even had any rounds cycled through it, but I could be wrong. The manufacturers safety tag was still attached to the trigger guard. Cannot wait to get it to the range.

Edit: Looked under the muzzle and it has the Kiel proof house mark and a date code of KC (1992).

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
SIG-Sauer P220, Made in West Germany.
I went to the LGS to pickup some cleaning supplies, and this followed me home. I have always wanted a SIG-Sauer, but was really looking for a P229, like Hank Voight (Jason Beghe) carries on Chicago PD. I saw this in the case and it said "Buy Me". The counter guy said the LGS had bought a 110 gun collection from an estate, the son did not want any of his fathers firearms. It looks like it has never been fired or even had any rounds cycled through it, but I could be wrong. The manufacturers safety tag was still attached to the trigger guard. Cannot wait to get it to the range.

View attachment 647111
That’s old school goodness right there!!! If it ain’t West Germany, it ain’t squat.

Air gun Black Trigger Line Gun barrel

Air gun Black Trigger Machine gun Wood

·
Administrator
79,731 Posts
Your gain, the son's loss. Congrats.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, I guess my SIG Sauer not a 1911, not West German is also not squat. But it sure is a hoot to shoot. It's a full size 320 .45acp, actually the only one I've ever seen. They seem to have disappeared from the shops.

I traded out the front sight for a night sight / fiber optic. And the curved trigger for a Legion style flat trigger plus an APEX transfer bar. Added a TALON grip cover, Obsidian Arms extended base pads and an INFORCE light.

Nope ... not squat, not German and not 1911 but it's a great range shooter and nice addition to my home defense arsenal.

It goes well with my TOPS Street Scalpel II ... purchased the same week.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Well, I guess my SIG Sauer not a 1911, not West German is also not squat. But it sure is a hoot to shoot. It's a full size 320 .45acp, actually the only one I've ever seen. They seem to have disappeared from the shops.

I traded out the front sight for a night sight / fiber optic. And the curved trigger for a Legion style flat trigger plus an APEX transfer bar. Added a TALON grip cover, Obsidian Arms extended base pads and an INFORCE light.

Nope ... not squat, not German and not 1911 but it's a great range shooter and nice addition to my home defense arsenal.

It goes well with my TOPS Street Scalpel II ... purchase the same week.

View attachment 647443
Forehead Shirt Tie Dress shirt Sleeve

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
In the mid-1980s, Jeff Cooper did a review of the pistol. Of course he wasn't crazy about the DA trigger action, but seemed to like the piece, otherwise. I remember that he reported the reliability as flawless and its accuracy as "remarkable". I don't remember exactly, but I think he mentioned sub 3" 5-shot groups at 50 yards (from a bench, I would think, but knowing Cooper...). He said something about wondering if he'd been sent a "ringer" (a specially polished and accurized example of production), but concluded that it would have been almost impossible, given the way he acquired test guns.
Back then I was far more interested in 1911s that I could buy than in German DA autos that I would never be able to afford, so I didn't commit THAT article of Cooper's to memory, but I was as amazed at his affection for it as HE was at its accuracy and reliability.

ADDENDUM: POTATOES! has it EXACTLY RIGHT! I'm sorry that I didn't see his post before writing mine.

Reactions: zephyr424
1 - 16 of 16 Posts