1911Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
If the seer was broken on the Pietta, that's something that would have been identified (and isn't really something that you can miss, since the gun couldn't be cocked). The investigators would have discovered it immediately and this whole thing would be a different discussion. That means that the trigger HAD to be depressed, either before the hammer was drawn back or after.

We can also set aside the obvious question of why there was live ammunition anywhere near a movie set - there's literally no justification for that.

Let's also ignore the fact that there were 3 previous ND incidents on the set prior to the fatal shooting that prompted concerns over safety and even union walkouts.

Baldwin said in an interview, "(I) didn't know she was hit by a gun until 45 mins to hour later", which is just unimaginable to me, considering that it was his shot that put her down. I can't believe that the gun went off, two people were shot at close range (one fatally), and THE PERSON WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER had no idea that they had been hit for almost an hour. The more that he lies, the more guilty he seems of something much worse than a move set accident.

·
Premium Member
7,277 Posts
If the seer was broken on the Pietta, that's something that would have been identified (and isn't really something that you can miss, since the gun couldn't be cocked). The investigators would have discovered it immediately and this whole thing would be a different discussion. That means that the trigger HAD to be depressed, either before the hammer was drawn back or after.

We can also set aside the obvious question of why there was live ammunition anywhere near a movie set - there's literally no justification for that.

Let's also ignore the fact that there were 3 previous ND incidents on the set prior to the fatal shooting that prompted concerns over safety and even union walkouts.

Baldwin said in an interview, "(I) didn't know she was hit by a gun until 45 mins to hour later", which is just unimaginable to me, considering that it was his shot that put her down. I can't believe that the gun went off, two people were shot at close range (one fatally), and THE PERSON WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER had no idea that they had been hit for almost an hour. The more that he lies, the more guilty he seems of something much worse than a move set accident.
How often have you pressed the trigger on a .45 Colt revolver and been uncertain wherher or not the cartridge ignited? Operate controls of a powerful handgun; there's [ admittedly ] a loud report; [ presumably ] normal .45 Colt recoil; people <20ft(?) in front of the handgun go down in serious physical distress. hmmm ... What in the world could possibly have happened?

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
One of my favorites....."When JFK was assassinated, they didn't blame the gun."

41 - 44 of 44 Posts