1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Entrepreneurship!!!! Creative capitalism? Perhaps, just trying to feed his family? Interesting.... got away scott-free regardless!

Of more concern is this: ".... 28,352 rounds for .38-caliber revolvers brought to the department's Central Armory in 2017 and set for disposal....."

Disposal!!! Talk about Gov't waste. Couldn't that be donated to some sort of firearms training program rather than just wasted? Of course, It's not like tax-payers paid for it to begin with! I tell you, I want Gov't incompetence and stupidity as far away from me as possible!!!

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Who authorized paying .31 cents a pop for .38 special is what I’d like to know? Wasn’t that high in 2017? Somebody made out and it wasn’t the numbskull who sold it out from under them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought some Sig Sauer 45 acp for just under $27 per box of 50 and some Win 45 acp for under $29 per box of 50. Both are 230gr hard ball. Been a good while since I saw those prices. Coming down? I think so.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Well, he "Disposed" of it, so what was the problem?

Seriously though, isn't this "Misappropriation Of TaxPAYERS Property", and isn't that a FELONY?

Reactions: curtmini14

·
Registered
1911s and AR-15. I like building and tinkering.
64 Posts
Here's my questions: 1) Why would you even look for something that's supposed to be "disposed" of? I don't know how you "dispose" of ammunition, but I imagine it needs to be disassembled, the metal would be recycled, the powder and primer burned, and then it's gone. So, why would you look for it?

2) It's in the trash! Why would you even care? Ammunition may be somewhat regulated, but not anywhere to the degree that firearms are. Anyone, even a felon, can buy ammunition depending on where you live.

3) Why the hell is our state still using 38 special? I thought all our departments and agencies used 9mm and other auto-loading rounds.

But I got to admit that I laughed my butt off at the fake concern the local politicians feigned at the thought of 28,000 rounds of ammo disappearing and being privately sold.

"You are telling me that 28,000 rounds just disappeared and could have been on the streets of Little Rock, Pine Bluff or Beebe," Wooten was quoted by the Democrat-Gazette. "I would like to submit that this is ridiculous."

Arkansas Senator Stephanie Flowers shared that sentiment, saying places like Pine Bluff have high homicide rates, "and I have been concerned about the number of ex-felons who have access to ammo and guns."

Oh, these idiots! 1st of all, it's 38 special, which isn't used very much by criminals, who typically use 9mm for their cheap Hi-Points. 2nd, it was being sold by a gunsmith, who likely sold it to his fellow shooters, likely law abiding citizens, so that they could practice with their 357 revolvers and such.

I find it highly unlikely that anyone with half a brain would really worry about these rounds falling into the hands of gang members and criminals. These bullets aren't growing legs, getting out of the pen, and running to the nearest gang banger.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a guy who saw a whole bunch of waste and decided to not only make a bit of profit from it, but also helped out his friends during the ammo crunch. The guy's a fricking hero, IMO.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
"You are telling me that 28,000 rounds just disappeared and could have been on the streets of Little Rock, Pine Bluff or Beebe," Wooten was quoted by the Democrat-Gazette. "I would like to submit that this is ridiculous."

Arkansas Senator Stephanie Flowers shared that sentiment, saying places like Pine Bluff have high homicide rates, "and I have been concerned about the number of ex-felons who have access to ammo and guns."
I would like to submit that she is ridiculous.

Senator flowers doesn't apparently know that ammo can be bought at any store, gun show or garage sale without any checks on the person buying it. (Even "ex-felons") Perhaps she should have a clue before giving statements to the press.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts