1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tried to post a message, and it says that i have ben banned from the forum, i sent an email to the webmaster, i don't believe that i have said anything that could be mistaken for a violation of the rules.

i laso just read the the aol accounts seem to get caught up by mistake, i hope thats what happened to me, cause i really enjoy this post and haven't said anything to offend anyone

russel the cop (and i good boy on the forum!!)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Russel,

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess you got caught in the trap, so to speak. If you had been banned, you likely would have received an email from an administrator telling you so.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by RUSSEL213:
i also just read the the aol accounts seem to get caught up by mistake, i hope thats what happened to me, cause i really enjoy this post and haven't said anything to offend anyone

Russel, you weren't banned, and you HAVE been a very good trooper, don't worry.

You most likely DID get caught in the AOL loop, as many of the subnets that have been blocked fall in and around the AOL IP's.

Considering how bad AOL is with the RKBA, it's amazing that many people who support the RKBA movement would continue to use AOL, but I will admit, it's easy for many "Non-Techies" and they offer service eerywhere. For those in rural areas, it may be one of the only ways to get to the Web, not having any local ISP's.

For those still using AOL, if you have a problem, and haven't heard from an Admin, chances are good you're just an innocent victim, and an email to one of the Admins will verify whether or not you DID get axe'd.

You can try re-dialing, and hopefully getting another IP subnet when you're logged on to their network, or you may want to check out the local yellow pages, and ditch their service if it;s a possibilty.

Competition among ISP's these days have improved the Access & Services for the non-AOL Pro-Rights users.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts