1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a new Daly ECS about 3 weeks ago, and have not been disappointed. I'm not into modifications, etc., as I'm not the most mechanically inclined person to begin with. I just wanted something that was effective and of good quality. Hence, I really have not been disappointed. Over the past two months, I've been taking my 15 yr old daughter to the range, and she's really been enjoying it. She has been shooting my Keltec P-32 exclusively, until today. Today, I introduced her to my Keltec P-11, and my new Daly ECS. She shot better than I did with the Daly! I think its a testament not only to Daly, but other manufacturers that today, we tend to take things for granted, what with the multitude of the latest in "rocket science" for aftermarket parts and accessories. For a 15 yr old city girl, who's only been shooting for two months, to fire 2.5 inch groups at 25 yards with a stock gun........I think is pretty good.........

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it's great that you're teaching your daughter shooting sports. I've noticed that women, especially young women, more times than not, shoot very well. I believe it's because they don't have a "macho" image that needs to be upheld like young men do. They just grab a gun and squeeze the trigger. They are not worried about what others think of their abilities. So in turn, they do better.

Glad your CD works to your expectations. I was considering one myself. But my expectations are high (maybe too high)
and I'm going to spend the extra money and get a Colt or a Kimber to add to my 1911 collection.

------------------
Bullseye Rules!

·
Registered
233 Posts
im awfully glade to hear that your daly shoots as well as it does. i have the fs daly and i am equaly pleased with the way my daly handles & shoots too, many of us daly owners or.
welcome to the daly family. dalys or good copys of the 1911, but the extractors or of poor quaility and firing pins too. other than that ther dependable and fairly accurate combat handguns. new sights and a recoil spring that matches the ammo being used will also assure you with better and dependable safer shooting skills. all i can say is happy & safe shooting to you and family.
ps: some of these guys here may have purchased a rare lemon or messed up ther gun therself. but for the majority of us the only problem or magazine related, as far as slide parts go it pays to have them replaced...home defense and conceal & carry, once these parts or replaced and a decent magazine. you can run with the best of 1911's. it want be a race gun, dependable combat/plinking ect ect.

·
Registered
249 Posts
ya, so does mine, ain't it grand!!! and all for $350 for the gun, $40 for rosewood/diamond grips (an unnecessary and frivolous accessory) and if i recollect for $35 a new extractor, firing pin stop and recoil spring. as eddy says in "vegas vacation" "bingo."
mcole

[This message has been edited by mcole (edited 05-21-2001).]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just paid for an EFS yesterday. Should be getting it in 2-3 weeks which is how long firearms licenses get processed here. Just in time for the nationwide electoral gun ban to be lifted.

Your posts are getting me so excited! I hope the one I get shoots as well as yours..

For now, I'll have to stick to the rentals at the range.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I noticed the Maintenance & Trouble Shooting forum is starting to fill up with unhappy Daly owners, so the lemons are more common than it appears in this forum.

My thinking is the Enhanced models may have addressed these issues and would be all I'd think of trying in the future since so far I haven't seen anyone complain about them. If this is the case, then they are well worth the additional $100 (still cheaper than a basic Springfield).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts