1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering a 1944 Ithaca and I am wondering if anyone can shed light on this feed ramp. Does the appearance look right? It looks like the barrel was matched to it on the feed ramp area. Also, the roll mark on the left side of the gun appears filled in a little. Could this be a repark job or original?

Attachments

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
It looks okay as best I can tell on this crappy monitor of mine.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I agree. What can be seen is OK. Is it 120 or 126 for the first serial numbers. Most answers begin with the serial. An earlier numbered gun would likely be a double stamp. Do the P stamps appear the same. We need a forest of pictures and we have a few trees. There does appear to be bare metal in the FJA. It should not, by any means, have a parkerized feed ramp. That was about a million serial numbers later. The grips look weird in color, which could be the photos.

·
Premium Member
15,343 Posts
Looks original - the pistols were not perfect by any definition and there was wide variance on quality of finish.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The Bill of Lading for the shipment containing this pistol is lost to history, but the packing list shows 1260375 was packed in Case 2213 on February 21, 1944.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. the serial starts with 126. Melter942 did a search through his shipping records and believes that the page that this gun would have been on in the manifest is MIA. The next serial # shows as the very first serial of the next page. So there is a possibility it is Navy but that's lost to history. Anyway, here are all the pics I have of the pistol in addition to the ones at the top of the post. The P stamps appear to be the same. The color of the pistol is uniform. The stampings do show bare metal in the low spots. And I believe the grips are good. One of the pics show them as an off color. They aren't great pictures by any means. Thanks for the help! Oh, and whats a fair price to pay for this Ithaca?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It is a nice pistol. The MSH is likely serrated. The hammer likely serrated. The barrel likely HS and it is obviously blue. If so, I am thinking $1750 to 2000. It does look original from what can be seen but this kind of money needs all details.

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
Those pictures look familiar. Wasn't it shown here not long ago along with a Remington Rand that was also for sale?

BTW the seller has it listed for a good price. If you're interested you'd better grab it before someone else does.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those pictures look familiar. Wasn't it shown here not long ago along with a Remington Rand that was also for sale?

BTW the seller has it listed for a good price. If you're interested you'd better grab it before someone else does.
Yes Sir! same pistol. I've been tossing it around. I am planning on going back tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
That being the case I'm really, really surprised it's still there. Look it over really good and make sure there isn't something wrong with it that your pictures didn't show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts