1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to one of our local gun stores today and found and very nice looking Ithaca that just came in, It looks like the national match pistols I've seen on Coolgunsite.com and knowing just enough to get in trouble most of the time I figured it's probably not a national match but it was priced good enough to put money on anyway and maybe I got lucky. So my questions are; were Ithaca's used to make match pistols? anything that is a dead giveaway that would show it's not a N.M.? It has a Micro rear sight, trigger shoe, ramped and pointed looking front sight like the pictures I've seen, barrel marked on the top 45 Colt with a number under it (don't recall the number) and as I said it was done very nicely whoever did it. One thing I thought interesting was that it had two crossed cannon cartouches (one right next to the other in the usual place) that I could still see some bare metal in so I don't believe it had been re-parked. It sould be a nice shooter reguardless and for the curious the price was $475. Thanks for any info or enlightement.
Brad

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
All Springfield Armory National Match pistols were refinished (re-Parked). If it had the Micro rear sight, there should be a tiny crossed cannon ordnance mark on the left side of the sight in the area of the dovetail. The barrel part number should be 7790313, and the serial number of the pistol should be below the part number.
It should have an SA stamped on the right side of the receiver near the front trigger guard bow, and a NM stamped on the trigger guard. It should have a T on the right side near the magazine catch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Johnny
Thanks for the info, I'll check when they open on Monday, I don't remember seeing an SA mark or T. I think I would have noticed that but I suppose a lot were built to be very similar to the match pistols, It looks to be a vintage job but I'm guessing it's not the "real deal". Still don't think it was to bad of a deal. Ever see a double ordinance stamped 1911? maybe common but I haven't seen one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts