1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad that this post has been put back. I own a CS model and as it's my only 1911 at this moment I like reading of others having CD's as well. I don't post much but when I do I usually get some good answers to any questions that I have. I like going to a place that is for CD's only that way if I'm in a hurry I can just go to the page that interests me the most. Thank you moderators for bringing this back.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm also very happy that the Chuck forum is back. My Chuck is my only 1911 and I'm quite pleased with it.

------------------
Three Blocks Long and Two Lanes Wide...

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don't even own a CD, but plan to on my next purchase. (Don't tell my wife though)

I lurk more than post, but keep those range reports coming, both good and bad!

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jrf, Mine is a pre-enhanced model and is very reliable as it has so far only failed to ftf once (gun was dirty) but when I tried some Corbon's 185 gr +P's it failed to extract 2 out of the 6 that I tried. I got rid of the rest of that box and now just shot standard velocity rounds. I trust enough to use it for CCW. It has never failed to feed hydrashocks, gold dots or any hardball that I've feed it. I had to send it back to KBI due to it shooting about 6' low and about a 5-6" group at 25 yds. Now it shots about a 3" group and very close to POA. It turns out that the reverse plug was too tight and had an adverse affect on the pistol while shooting. One thing that I have done was to get some Ajax white polymer grips to put on it which dresses it up somewhat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Since my EFS is the ONLY pistol I own, I usually go straight to this portion of the forum before going on to troubleshooting and gunsmithing etc. Imagine my shock and dismay to find that the CD forum was relegated to the "Other 1911s" forum! :O

Well, I'm sure glad thats over!
I guess we'll all have to post more again to keep our portion of the forum alive.

This forum has really been an invaluable source of information for newbies like me, thanks mostly to the very helpful people of the Daly forum. Thanks guys! And thanks moderators for bringing it back!

·
Registered
192 Posts
thanks dodge. what is your experince with the reverse plug? I've heard so much bad press about the recoil systems on the officer models. I looked mine over pretty well and can't see what could be a problem. I'm tying to get my "range report" from the range report forum moved back to the CD forum. I finally go it back!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jrf;
With my reverse plug when I first got the pistol was so tight that I had to take a piede of wooden dowel to tap it out. After sending it into CD for the afor mentioned troubles with it shooting so low and such a large group it slides out with just finger pressure. Yesterday is the first time I ever detail stripped it and the only trouble I had was to get the mag release out. I never did get it out but got everything else out okay. I was shooting it on Sat. and at 25 yards the groups was down to about 3" which is half of what they was before the repair work. Can anybody tell of a easy way to get the mag release out?

·
Registered
671 Posts
dodge - you have to push the mag release as if removing a mag then while at this position, rotate the the screw at the other side clockwise. After doing so you could easily remove the mag release.

hope this help.

vega

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have a CS model it is the piece that holds the recoil spring in. To remove it you first have to remove the slide and rcoil spring and then push this piece back towards the ejection port. This allows you to remove the barrel from the slide. In trying to remove my mag release I was pushing it as if I was removing a mag but was unable to push it out far enough to turn it with a screwdriver. I'm going have to find something that I can push this just a little further so I can twist it. Just wondering what anybody else uses to accomplish this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
dodge, I just detail stripped last night. My first time BTW!!! I had no problem getting the mag relase out. I just pushed it in with my finger and turned the lock 1/4 turn and it came right out. Just as easy to put back. I believe you should be turning counter clockwise to remove? I can't remember now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts