1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFL called about 1630 and told me he had it(I saw he picked it up at 1515) anyway here is it!!

You guys were not kidding about them shipping wet!

And next to my springer

I have 500 rounds ready to go tomorrow! There is a problem with the mag release. Mags won't catch solid, you can pull some out. The mag release button doesn't stick out as far as it does on my springer either. I put the mag catch from my springer in it and it's better but the button doesn't stick out very far with it either but the mags lock up. The RIA mag catch works fine in the springer. I'll call RIA tomorrow after the range. So far happy with the pistol though.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Call Phil, in NV. tell him the Mag. catch is not working as it should, he may just send you a new one.............you got one of the old Roll Mark pistols. looks nice. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the "billboard" don't really bother me. :) This time next year there probably won't be much finish left anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Congrats, great looking firearm. I like those grips you put on it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats, great looking firearm. I like those grips you put on it.
Set of old Gunner grips I got before VZ was selling them. Got a set of operator IIs and the mag well that came off a new tac 2 on the way. Guy bought the pistol and didn't like them. Got the grips and magwell for 65 shipped. Had to do a little sanding on the right panel to get the ambi-safety to clear.:dope:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Nice pistol. I like all their roll marks. Prefer the subdued mark however I think they're all pretty cool. Kind of strange by nature I'm very much a minimalist. Congrats. Mine didn't come wet; only a really light coat of....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pistol. I like all their roll marks. Prefer the subdued mark however I think they're all pretty cool. Kind of strange by nature I'm very much a minimalist. Congrats. Mine didn't come wet; only a really light coat of....
Was literally dripping! Degreased and relubed with slip 2000 ewl. I give a aar tomorrow!:dope:

·
Registered
84 Posts
1911-A1 FS Tactical
A very nice looking gun... I was kind of confused because I could not match that thing up with anything on RIA's website. The trigger looks a little different from what I have, and the grips are different. I'm thinking you might have a 2014 model and the RIA website is not up to date?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats on a great looking gun. Loving my two (for now :) ) RIAs.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That looks like the trigger design on my FS-Tac but then I remembered that I swapped in the one that came with the CS-Tac (with a polish) while I make up my next list for Brownells with a C&S long-aluminum for it. The slide carries the old-style billboard but if you have the little envelope with the test firing date that should give you the approximate build date. It looks to me that this testing is done in the Philippines so add shipping time and dribble-thru-the-pipeline-time and you can see just how fresh-from-the-vine your Rock is. Looks good though, even with all that shipping goo on it! (think of it as amniotic fluid on a new-born 1911!) I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one with one of those Glock diagram bench pads under my Rocks!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's actually a SA XDm pad ;) and yes it was dripping hehe
Yup, I see that now! I guess I just glanced at the first photo and saw approximately what the Glock pad has; NOT 1911 stuff and jumped to a conclusion. If you haven't planned to already, please remember to take down your slide and get all that gunk out of the firing pin and extractor channels. It can actually attract so much debris that it can affect your firing pin operation! It does a good job of keeping the sea air from doing any damage but after that it's just a big, sloppy pain!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Test fire date was 07-03-13. Thanks OEF, yeah I stripped it completely down cleaned it with gun scrubber and relubed with slip 2000. Should be at the range in a few hours now!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's it the mag release or the cut in the frame? It works in the Springer.
That's what I'm worried that it's the frame. The release from the springer works but the button doesn't stick out very far, maybe half what it does on the other gun. It does fit flush on the other side so I'm wondering if the slot for the stop(not sure of the correct term off the top of my head) is cut at the wrong depth.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts