Discussion Starter #1

My Primafill has shipped!!!

Hopefully it will work!!

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post a review as soon as it arrives.

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Thanks for posting. I’m taking a shot and ordered one. The video was convincing enough to simplify what looks like a slower PIA task. I’m just getting close to setting up my 750 and hopefully will be loading soon...(y)

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Mine got delivered today. No battery??? Needs a 9 volt. Not a big deal, but for the price, I Think it could’ve been supplied...hope it works good.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Mine got delivered today. No battery??? Needs a 9 volt. Not a big deal, but for the price, I Think it could’ve been supplied...hope it works good.

Meh....supplied batteries are never the good ones, right ? :)

Looking forward to seeing your impressions.

How's it working out for you ?

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Meh....supplied batteries are never the good ones, right ? :)

Looking forward to seeing your impressions.

How's it working out for you ?
Less than thrilled.
The short story is that the primers didn’t load smoothly Out of the tray. After noticing several bad rounds in the bin, I stopped, cleared the primer tube and started over. I just loaded 40-50 primers since I was doing a small test batch, but the primers don’t flow from the tray down the tube as smoothly as claimed ( at least not for me).
Looking forward to cannibul’s impression.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
After pecking at primers with 5 loading tubes and getting cramped fingers (and it's almost payday), I figured I'd bump this up and ask how it's been working out.

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
After pecking at primers with 5 loading tubes and getting cramped fingers (and it's almost payday), I figured I'd bump this up and ask how it's been working out.
Ehh, I’m less than thrilled. Unless I’m doing something wrong ( doubt it) the primers didnt drop into the tube freely. They fed unreliably and flipped. I was waiting for some other feedback also.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Question, Plantar - what tubes are you using? Could they be sticking there somehow, or is the issue more on the DAA device itself before the primers get to the tube?

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Question, Plantar - what tubes are you using? Could they be sticking there somehow, or is the issue more on the DAA device itself before the primers get to the tube?
I used Dillon primer tubes. When i looked closely after I realized what happened, the primers were not/ do not drop freely into and before getting to the tube.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I used Dillon primer tubes. When i looked closely after I realized what happened, the primers were not/ do not drop freely into and before getting to the tube.
Thanks for the review, I really was hoping these would work, not a bad price. I have seen a few reviews on these that are not favorable. I think I will cough up the money and order the Dillon. They are saying a month before it will ship.

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Any chance there are burrs on the primer tube or drop part of the DAA primerfill?
I am going to take a closer look, but did Try 2 different tubes. I want to Look closer at the ‘mouth’ where the primers drop For a visible irregularity or possibly slightly bevel or modify that edge.

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Thanks for the review, I really was hoping these would work, not a bad price. I have seen a few reviews on these that are not favorable. I think I will cough up the money and order the Dillon. They are saying a month before it will ship.
I watched the video again and it did say that primers vary and some may stick or not feed the same. Also, I’ve only tried the LPP side; I should try the SPP side. With the primer situation, I only have 1 brand of each. Right now, my volume doesn’t warrant the Dillon machine.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Looking forward to hearing pro/cons. This one looks a lot better than other handheld options. No matter how much I dislike manually filling primer tubes I just can't spend $375 for one.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I watched the video again and it did say that primers vary and some may stick or not feed the same. Also, I’ve only tried the LPP side; I should try the SPP side. With the primer situation, I only have 1 brand of each. Right now, my volume doesn’t warrant the Dillon machine.
The best thing I did was buy a 6 pack of primer tubes... I eventually figured out that loading them when I had down time (or a few moment break during the workday) was a great way to keep them loaded an not bog down my loading.

It only takes a few minutes to load one and I have small breaks all the time that are too short to actually load. This way my tubes are always full and ready to go.

·
Premium Member
7,329 Posts
Looking forward to hearing pro/cons. This one looks a lot better than other handheld options. No matter how much I dislike manually filling primer tubes I just can't spend $375 for one.
I wouldn’t mind hearing someone else’s experience also..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts