1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day has finally come!Tomorrow I will be ordering myself a sa champion loaded.I am really excited!I have a colt 1991a1 90% custom goverment model.But I am wanting something a little lighter for carry.But, i have a question,how long is the wait on a Springfield?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your dealer should be able to give you an estimate. Or you could call or email SA directly and ask them how their stock is, or when they next intend to ship this gun.
(I'm assuming that this gun is back ordered, or you probably wouldn't be asking)
I ended up doing this Monday when I ordered an out of stock Trophy Match Long Slide. The gun shop owner couldn't give me a time estimate, so I just emailed Deb at SA, who told me they will ship to their distributors by the end of the month.
SA has been very good answering my many emails I've sent them inquiring about their products.
DaveG

[This message has been edited by DaveG (edited 11-09-2001).]

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i haven't even ordered it yet so i don't know if it's backordered or not.ordering it tomorrow.just wanted to know how long it was going to take to get it after i order it.estimate of course.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I ordered a TRP Operator about a month ago and still no word on it. I ordered an Armalite lower about 2 months ago.....Nothing yet on it either, i wonder where everything is going?

Karsten

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
No doubt the gun companies make certain models in batches, but your dealer should be able to check several distributor sights and see if they have that particular model in stock or not. Waiting on one distributor to get one particular gun can be pretty frustrating at times. Took my dealer two days to get me a TRP Operator from RSR Wholesale.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
It arrived yesterday. Should have it paid for after my next closing at the end of the month.

I don't know why it took so long, I ordered a VMatch from him the 1st of the year and he had it two days later.

Karsten

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
You're gonna love it. With the heavier dust cover and bull barrel it is a ball to shoot. Going to have to up my powder charge on my lead reloads, but it flat loves full charge 230 ball ammo and is a pussycat to shoot.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i probably shouldn't even post this update on the sa forum but, i went to my dealer saturday and i went in to order my sa champion and while he was getting the paperwork ready i happen to glance over and see that he had just gotten in a kimber pro elite II. i picked up and handled it for a few minutes and i feel in love so i bought it. haven't had time to shoot it yet but it felt real good in my hands.thanks for all the help though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts