880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my CQB Compact:
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=468174

Well after careful consideration, when the time comes I think I will order:

***drumroll***

The same exact gun.....but in 9mm
:)

The only change may be that I get an alloy frame and have it AT instead of blued but the idea is a near "matching" gun that's in 9mm

Has anyone else done this? Have a matching set in different calibers?

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Not the exact same, but very close options wise. Different AT color though.

Once you establish which specs and options work for you and which don't, it's hard to get away from them.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I don't think you're gonna be disappointed even if it was the exact same except for caliber. You have one damn good looking pistol. Have you thought about maybe doing a dual caliber setup?

I've been thinking hard about what my next Wilson will be. I won't thread hijack though. Lol

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Great choice. I know which one you'll end up shooting! Love the CC's and BEMC's too.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have three CQB almost exactly the same, only difference is one have green FO front sight, in different calibers - 9mm, 10mm, and .45acp.

I have a company XTAC in .45acp and I will be getting exactly the same gun in 9mm.

All four have same configuration and finish.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Funny story:
When I had my wilson ordered I was originally quoted about a year for it to be completed. Being impatient I sent my springfield TRP off to be customized by SACS almost the same way my Wilson was being kitted.
To my surprise I got a call only a few months after ordering and ended up getting my wilson before I got my TRP back.
Point is. I like a certain set of options. They work for me. So why change?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440296105.431312.jpg

Now that I have both I actually prefer the compact size. With Wilsons mag well it's still a hand full and in no way feels deminutive

·
Registered
219 Posts
David, your blued CQB compact is gorgeous, so going with the same thing in 9mm is a fantastic idea. A blued CQB compact in 9mm will by my next as well.

On that note, while having the front sight of my CQBE adjusted today at my LGS (gunsmith is a friend of mine) I peered into the high end 1911 case and saw a blued, full-size CQB and the one-piece magwell was rusting. It made me a little sad. Are the one-piece magwells on blued guns parkerized or what?

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Great looking duo! SACS does nice work. Any thoughts on a Pro instead of a compact to round out the collection?

·
Registered
613 Posts

***drumroll***

The only change may be that I get an alloy frame and have it AT instead of blued but the idea is a near "matching" gun that's in 9mm

Yes, to a point. I have a CQB compact 45 in stainless, built to the specs of a lightweight carry, but with a steel frame and no rear slide serrations and no carry beavertail or hammer, and standard three-hole trigger. I purchased a possibly one-off Tactical Carry Compact while at the Bash, which is in 9mm, steel frame, all the specs of the lightweight carry compact, black over gray armor tuff. Also came with the medium length solid trigger.

And yes, I did this to have the almost the exact same feel of my two Wilson Compact Carry guns. The stainless 45 now wears the exact Starburst Aggressive gray/black grips that are shown on the 9mm. Love 'em both!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Matching pair.....consecutive serial number Compact Supergrades......both .45ACP......but different color.....AT Black, and AT FDE. (Documented as the 1st Supergrade in FDE) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440307433.028002.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440307455.017939.jpg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

***drumroll***

Congrats on the selection! Any idea when the lucky order day is?
Scott

·
Super Moderator
14,622 Posts

***drumroll***

I have done this very thing - I have a couple of Pro's that are in my rotation, all steel frame, similar configuration (both RB but no mag well). Keeps the feel and balance the same.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have three CQB almost exactly the same, only difference is one have green FO front sight, in different calibers - 9mm, 10mm, and .45acp.

I have a company XTAC in .45acp and I will be getting exactly the same gun in 9mm.

All four have same configuration and finish.
Damn BR, I would have to have different grips, or different colored ribbons tied on them to tell them all apart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts