1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need some input on this one. I want another 1911. I have an awesome Kimber Clackamas gun but I miss my old Colt. I want a NRM blued 1991A1. To make matters worse I like the new Wilson Combat CQB with the light rail. These are obviously highly different 1911's with the later much more expensive. I could buy the Colt now or sell one of my other pistols (hk usp) and genertate the remaining $ with a little saving and then buy the CQB. I want both but don't have the money to now. I could sell the Kimber and buy both, the Colt being my "classic" style 1911 and the WCQB my "modern" 1911. This gun bug is killing me! Does anyone else deal with these situations like me? If I had the dough I would just buy what I wanted and keep everything else. But reality has me needing to sell off something to buy something else that I want. The only pistols that have stood the test of time for me (10 years of shooting) is my Kimber and my Glock 19. I can't shake the gun-wanting bug!
MB:(

·
Administrator
72,385 Posts
DON'T sell the Calackamas Kimber. I sold mine and regret it.

This is what layaway plans are for. If nothing else, put a little extra money in the piggy bank each paycheck, and soon you can buy what you want. You'd be amazed what you can do when you actually save up money.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Keep the Kimber. Get the Colt. Then when you can, send the Colt off for some customization; for less than the price of the Wilson, you'll have your own custom Colt.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I believe the NRM S80 should be a cornerstone of any collector, or quasi-collector, of current production 1911 pistols. It's a great value and great shooter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I know that when it comes down to it, I could never sell the Kimber. Right now, I could by the Colt and even keep the HK. It's the price of the Wilson that would force me to sell the hk and NOT by the Colt. I think you all are right, I can could save and get the CQB at a later date. Right now, I am loving the NRM 91! I had a older 1991 and I miss it, sold it a while back. I think I have made a decision! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts