1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my Basic Limited Match from my dealer today and it is a BEAUTY. It's been a long wait, but if first impressions mean anything it will be well worth it.

It had a few minor teething problems which soon disappeared after I got 100 or so rounds through it (mostly ammo related) then it settled down and began punching the center out of a bullseye target at 15 yards. All in all I ran about 250 ronds through it today and the action is really starting to slick-up.

I'm a happy boy!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hey! That looks just like mine. I hope you like your's as much as I do mine. I wish I could shoot as well as the gun can.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My second range session is now history. This time the gun was FLAWLESS! Everything is smoothing out nicely and accurate is an understatement.

I'm sure glad I hung in there and waited as the quality hasn't slipped one bit. I think this pistol is nicer than my first one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well....Dr. Bob has informed me that my Limited Match should be on the range soon, then on to my dealer. Maybe in time for Santa. I eagerly await my first range session. Ordered 1-16-03 with a hardchrome frame so it looks like delivery times are coming down substantially, as promised.

Better go cash in some pop cans. :>)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Auggie, did I read that right; you've been waiting on a pistol since January 16, 2003?

Nice looking pistol, CCV. My only exepience with RRA is their AR products. I'm a huge fan of their AR stuff. Looks like their 1911s are just as nice.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That is correct. However, at the time, I was expecting an 18 month wait. They are a busy place and won't skimp on quality and I hear the pistols are worth the wait. They are supposed to have the wait down to 4-6 months for orders placed now.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The wood on my own RR are well above "average" in figure, etc.

If those are the grips your gun came with, it's nice to know they just don't toss any old "good" wood on their Pistols!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Galileo,

I waited 22 months for this one, AND IT WAS WORTH IT! I do not regret the purchase or the wait. As a matter of fact I've ordered a 5" Elite Commando to go with it.

You pay your money and take your chances, I don't think there is much risk with RRA. This is my second one and I can't wait for the third.

CCV

1 - 18 of 18 Posts