1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year after the major title matches are finished that we start to see, IPSC vs IDPA, mine is better than yours, this is better shooting than that; I must have missed the reasoning. Now we see several threads on how I won't use a firearm for personal defense unless it is "improved" to fit my personal desires.

I must have missed all the threads/topics on shooting is fun, boy was that match great, had a good time at the range with my XYZ blaster, etc. Instead its this match was bad because????, it would have been better if ???, if the rules were so and so ??. Ya' know it sounds more like bitching and whining about work than having a good time. Last I lookedSHOOTING IS FUN, if its not you need a new hobby.

If the win is everything and not the getting to hang with your buds, you have missed what shooting is about. If not shooting well over rides the fun of participating then shooting is work. Last I looked not too many folks make a living shooting.

Another way to look at this is from the political slant of how all the in fighting about this better than that, this vs that, divides us politically. This only helps the anti-gun crowd. Living in the great hunting state of PA, I can tell you it works the hunter elected Ed Rendell, Bill Clinton, and voted for Al Gore; they are for " sportsman and not after my 870/700/70, etc.. Followed by the comments of they aren't after my hunting/sporting firearm just those "assualt wpns" , and nobody hunts with them here. Well in several states, ARs are used for varmint hunting, and hunting predators, and even white tails.

Just a thought, think before you bash the other shooting sports, or there won't be any. Its the old UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL. The choice is yours.

Hey I gotta get outta here and get sleep, there's only a couple weeks of archery season left and the High Country wants to take something with horns tomorrow not another doe. Need some sleep to get to the fields in the am.

SHOOT SAFE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, HAVE FUN , if you are in the woods; be careful.

sermon mode off

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree. For me, there are two major rules:

1. Be Safe!
2. Have Fun!

If I'm not safe, the RO/SO will through me out. If I'm not having fun, why bother showing up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts