1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchased elephant ivory grips from Boone Trading Company? I am tempted but don't want to buy sight unseen. If you have them, are they thicker than the standard 1911 grip? How about delivery times? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I have a set for the 1911 (what else? considering this forum), good grain pattern, no thicker than the wood stocks they replaced. It seems like the delivery time was 10 weeks or so.

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 11-17-2001).]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Whit,
I have also purchased elephant ivory grips from Boone trading. They had a set in stock and described them perfectly. Three days later I was mailed a beautiful set of grips. They are the same size as standard grips as far as I can tell. I would buy from them again if necessary. Their phone number is 1-800-423-1945. Their ivory runs between $150-$215 depending on grade. Hope this helps.

------------------

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have heard only good things about Boone...Unfortunately wait time seems a bit long..At least for me...I've been waiting 9 weeks now.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a set of the most expensive ones. It was a very long wait, but they are wonderful. They look beautiful and feel the same. I wish I had the money to do all my 1911s with them!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also ordered a set, their AAA grade. Have about 2 more weeks to wait...now to decide what 45 to put them on!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just got my AAA Grips today. It took 8 weeks and they look great!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just noticed that the grips will not fit guns with an "Ambi" safety. There is no notch cut for it. I suppose you need to request this when ordering...no problem though, I'll just put them on another gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts