1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I currently own a HK P2000 .40 (similar to a USPc but slimmer) and am in the market for a SA Loaded SS Champion before the end of the year. By that time my CWP should be in. I'm looking for a IWB, preferably tuckable holster that will accomodate the P2000 and a SA champion. The 2 are about the same size as far as I can tell, but I haven't held them side by side. Does anybody know off-hand a IWB tuckable holster that will accomodate both? I saw a Galco USA i think it was at my local range, and it does ok with the P2000, I probably wont catch that luck with it fitting the SA Champion. Thanks in advance for replies.

-- O. Jeremy Miles

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I don't think you'll find a holster that fits both of those pistols well. No matter, though, as you will only need a holster for the Champion, because that's the one you will end up carrying. In any case, I recommend Gary Brommeland's Max Con V. I have one for my Champion, and it's a top shelf holster.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't even try to find a holster that will fit both pistols. Think of the holster like a fine pair of custom shoes. They will look good, coddle your feet and make you smile for many miles, and maybe will even draw a few compliments.
I highly recommend both HBE and Milt Sparks for their IWB's- ultra comfy.

·
Banned
501 Posts
sgist,
I appreciate the recommendation. You are very correct..the dimensional differences in the two guns would make sharing a holster almost impossible.
The retention of leather holsters is mostly in the ejection port and trigger guard molding/casing. Sharing a holster would compromise the retention of a gun being used in a holster that wasnt designed for it. Without proper retention you could loose your gun at a most inopportune time.
Hope that makes sense.........Shoot well....Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.