1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, All:

Well, I'm about to purchase a full-sized 1911 for my self. Never thought I would, I was always a revo/DAO Auto man. Then I got married...and my wife likes the 1911 grip/feel/manual of arms best. And she shoots it better than anything else (Springer Ultra Compact in 9mm). So, I figure better make the house gun a 1911 and get one for myself. Keep mama happy shootin' what she likes to shoot.

IWB:
What have been y'all's experiences with the various IWB holsters for a full-size 1911? I'm thinking that I'd want a hunk of leather between the entirety of the 1911 & my body due to the many sharp parts on the 1911 design. Also, an IWB that stays PUT & is as comfortable as possible. I've trolled the 'net & looked at over a dozen holstermakers, but I have found the 'boards a better source of straight dope than manufacturers' web sites in the past. Any of them particularly renowned for:
1. Leather b/t gun & person (no kydex for an IWB!)
2. Stays PUT!
3. Comfort
4. Quality/durability

OWB:
Also, I suspect any OWB holster is going to have to be a high-ride style, due to the bbl length. Any Yaqui slide would require a cover garment that goes to my darn knees. Again, I would greatly appreciate any of y'all's input.

I've packed other weapons for years, but this'll be my first attempt to pack a full-sized auto. I expect it won't be as bad as some, as the 191 is slimmer than most carry weapons.

Thanks for any pointers.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
jfruser, I can recommend two IWB holsters that work and work well for me. I like the Milt Sparks Summer Special and the UNS from KL Null. In third place is the CQC-I from Lou Alessi. These are all fine holsters and any of them will work 24/7 for you. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another vote for Milt Sparks

I have Milt Sparks HR-LTD for a full size and officers size 1911 and both work great for me. I also have the VM-2 that is a great holster.

If you can't stand the wait, try lightning arms for fast, efficient, and curteous service. I am not sure that they can get the HR-LTD but they have the VM-2.

Click on the logos above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts