1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys could you give me some advice on Sparks VM2 holster? I have used Rosen, Kramer and Sherrick holsters in the past.It appears in the pictures of VM2 that the holster is a little more spread out than most othwer IWB models that I have used before.Does this make for a more comfortable carry?Is the gun held in closer to the body?Any info is greatly appreciated, ShooterJD

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the VM2 and find it very comfortable. The widely-spaced loops seem to stablize the holster better than more conventional IWB holsters that I have tried in the past. The only drawback that I've found is that in hot weather, it does seem to be a little hotter. However, the ability to carry without needing a vest or coat overshadows this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love mine. I have not tried any of the others you mentioned, though. I agree with ranger53, it does tend to be rather hot to wear when it is hot outside. It does seem to hold nice and close to the body, which I like. I'm currently experimenting with the Kydex clips the holster comes with (used the belt loops for a while, but decided I wanted to see how the shirt would tuck in using the clips. Will probably go back to the loops at some point).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Shooter....its funny that you ask...I just got mine about 3 hours ago via the BBT...I have been wearing it with my Compact for about 2.5 hours...I just have a loose tshirt on(Sparks recommends a tucked in tshirt to help with rubbing)...and this is incredebly comfortable...I love it...It holds the gun real tight against against my body...It is very easy to draw from and is easy to re-holster.

I just wish that I would have gotten one sooner.

Greg

ps...I will have to do some experimenting with the clips to see how the tucked version works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts