1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been studying iwb holsters that use two loops and have an FBI cant and it seams that the forward loop is smaller than the rear, that is the area between your belt and gun where your pants go, it is not as deep up front, scrunching down your pant's waistband? Is this the case or just how the photo appears such as the Milt Sparks website's photo of their Summer Special. Do these style holsters really scrunch your waistband down? Is this problematic for carry?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know about the Milt Sparks product, but my Kramer IWB #3 has not scrunched my waistband a'tall. It does have adjustable loops, so it looks like it could overcome that problem anyway.

The IWB #3 is an FBI-cant holster.

I've also heard nothing but wonderful things about the Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 and Watch Six. I'm going to order a VM2 as soon as I have a little spending ca$h. You might look for threads that talk about that holster....it sounds great for 1911's.

HTH,

/TCP

------------------
Measure Twice....Cut Once

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bianchi's #3S Pistol Pocket is fully adjustable for degree of cant, and the single wide loop creates none of the problems you are concerned with. I am most fond of this model Bianchi holster and use it with both revolvers and pistols. Give it a look!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
Interesting posts, in that I'm using a Kramer IWB #3, and noticed the waistband being "scrunched". I thought it was a problem, but the gun is secure, the rig is stable and comfortable, etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been using a Galco Royal Guard since I started carrying a handgun seven years ago. I've never had the problem you described. This is my favorite method of carrying.
g26guy

------------------
"Long may it crackle!"--Jeff Cooper on the .22lr

·
Registered
685 Posts
My VM2 doesn't scrunch the waistband with the loops or clips. I have found my button fly jeans don't conform as well to the curve of the holster as my regular 501s - something to do with belt loop placement I guess - but moving the holster back about "30 minutes" solves that minor sartorial despoilment.

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I started this post is because I bought a Summer Heat holster from Wild Bill's Concelament Leather that has this problem. It is based on the Bruce Nelson Summer Special.

The holster is supposed to have an FBI cant but the way that the front loop comes down from the leather front strip, it will either push down my waisband or cause the holster to possibly pivot on the waistband and project the holster in a vertical position. I think I can cut the leather by the side of the front loop to correct it though. I have bought so much stuff through the internet only to send it back that I am burned out completely. A drawback to living out in the sticks where there is little or no selection in the local stores. Maybe I'll just throw the damn thing away and carry "Mexican".

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Have you tried the clipdraw? I have been using one one my SA for about 3-4 months now and absolutely love it. Greatest $20 I have spent in a long while (except that night in China Town... nevermind thats a different thread
)

·
Registered
303 Posts
As I indicated in my earlier response, the Bianchi #3S is fully adjustable for cant, and has none of the drawbacks you mention. They aren't "custom", but are affordable and available. Order one from Brownell's. They have a great return policy should you not like it.
I carry a Colt's 1911, a Colt's Combat Commander, a S&W 66 4", and even a Colt's SAA 4 3/4" in a #3S and find it most satisfactory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Favorite IWB holster is the Heritage by Sparks. Very well made, conceals well and most impotortantly, the angle of draw the holster presents is perfect for me. One damn good holster!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts