1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
it wouldn't surprise me if Sarah Brady already has a CCW.. just like Diane Feinstein

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Hinckley has been in captivity for 22 years. If he had been convicted, he would most likely already have been released. I think he's got a screw loose, so I'm glad they didn't convict him. With the looney defense, they can restrict his movements, monitor him, and yank him back into the system if he takes a wrong step.

·
Banned
350 Posts
I disagree with you this time bountyhunter. This guy tried to kill the leader of our counrty. He should never see the light of day.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If this dirtbag is cured then he should have to do some real time in a real prison. Don't forget that this monster started the Brady anti-gun campaign that has given rise to so many others.

·
Registered
96 Posts
He was insane, now he is medicated and treated well. Perhaps is this country had universal health care more of the mentally ill may get the treatment they need. Had Hinckley never shot anyone, he would have likely just become another street person whom no one cares about.

I think it is overdue for him to be released -- he poses no threat to society now that he is being properly treated and cared for.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Angus,

the problem arises if he was released , who would see to the appropriate medication dosing to keep him "stable" ??

no meds then perhaps the street person talked about earlier, or perhaps a more successful attempt next time.

BTW dont reply with local meantl health resources, know em, work with em, dont have anything to do with requiring med usage, jsut report to us if the guy fails to report after a couple of months, that he "might be out there, off his meds"

·
Registered
953 Posts
I reckon Angus would feel different if it were his father, son or significant other that Hinkley shot. The punishment should fit the crime. Like it or not Hinkley tried to kill a president elected by the American people. A murderer has no place in society. Stick him in gen. pop. for the rest of his life and call it even - that's more than he deserves.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Attempted assination of the POTUS is a crime whether or not the shooter was mentally impared or completley sane. Fortunately, the President was not killed and he went on to complete his term and (as besthe can) live out his days.

I guess the only part that really angers me about this is that Jim Brady was shot and pretty much made an invalid. And look where we are now. I really would have liked to see Hinckley miss him altogether so he could have been healthy and happy and finished his duties. Then Sarah Brady would never have had her crusade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts