1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I’ve learned that when you rapidly push the pistol forward when you fire you gain accuracy and penetration.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read something about Keanu Reeves taking acting seriously. As such he likes to know what he is doing when it comes to acting in the movies he does to make then more realistic. For John Wick he studied with some sort of professional shooter to learn how to handle a 1911 properly albeit unrealistically. But it IS a movie after all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I read something about Keanu Reeves taking acting seriously. As such he likes to know what he is doing when it comes to acting in the movies he does to make then more realistic. For John Wick he studied with some sort of professional shooter to learn how to handle a 1911 properly albeit unrealistically. But it IS a movie after all.
Taran Tactical...at least for Wick 3

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't care much for actors in general, but Reeves I respect. He is who he is and he doesn't seem like he follows along with the rest of the virtue signaling hollywierdos. He also appears to be a normally and a naturally nice guy.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Taran Tactical...at least for Wick 3
Yeah, Taran Butler prepped him for all three JW movies. If you Google "Keanu Reeves 3 Gun" there's a video where he rocks the course, then says [paraphrasing] "Yeah, I messed that one up" (or something like that). Really humble guy. We met him once while riding motorcycles up on Angeles Crest Highway...he was super-nice and let all the girls in our group take pics with him.

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
We've come a long way from Dirty Harry, where the bad guy (Andy Robinson) was so anti-gun that he was reluctant to even hold one in the film. When shooting them he flinched so badly that they had to bring in a shooting coach to give him some basic instruction on how to actually hold and shoot a gun.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I guess I'll go watch the Lone Ranger throw some lead at the bad guys with his Colt Peacemakers.

Grumpy
OK, Grumpy; maybe I'm getting senile, but I thought that the Lone Ranger always used silver bullets. I haven't read the books in years, so I no longer remember the reason why he used silver; but it was from his on own silver mine.

OB

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
OK, Grumpy; maybe I'm getting senile, but I thought that the Lone Ranger always used silver bullets. I haven't read the books in years, so I no longer remember the reason why he used silver; but it was from his on own silver mine.

OB
I stand corrected. The series pilot and during some flashbacks they would show him casting bullets out of raw silver bearing ore. Not sure how well that works, but they were extremely accurate. However he did snap shoot or "throw" his shots. :)

Grumpy

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
I stand corrected. The series pilot and during some flashbacks they would show him casting bullets out of raw silver bearing ore. Not sure how well that works, but they were extremely accurate. However he did snap shoot or "throw" his shots. :)

Grumpy
Ag and Pb have similar densities; ductility seems pretty similar, but if Ag is only a little less ductile that might be a non-starter. And Ag brinells much higher than Pb: so at a guess its ductility isn’t as close as it seems.
) -;

... better beef up those revolvers for the pressure spikes or down-load the cartridges. Maybe why he needs the wrist flip.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Having a couple single-action revolvers I've noticed when shooting one handed I'll raise the barrel to help me position my thumb to cock the hammer. So, if I were to snap off a very rapid second shot to would appear as if I were "throwing" the bullet. Probably not good mechanics for an accurate follow-up.

That and we all knw the bullet would continue to curve downward after leaving the barrel. They shoot around obstacles that way you know, cause I seen it in the movies! :rolleyes:

Grumpy

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
123 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Believe it or not I haven't seen a single one of the John Wick films yet. I haven't found them online for free and I'm too cheap to pay to watch movies anymore.
You're not missing much. The first one was ok. I'll withhold comment on the rest.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
249 Posts
You're not missing much. The first one was ok. I'll withhold comment on the rest.
I have all 3 on Blu Ray. Like 'em all! I keep hoping that the 4th one will show up eventually in spite of the stupid virus!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have all 3 on Blu Ray. Like 'em all! I keep hoping that the 4th one will show up eventually in spite of the stupid virus!
I enjoy them as well, but I did like the first best. The others kinda got a bit (which considering the series is saying something) over the top with turning fight scenes into 3 gun courses of fire. But still fun.

Indeed, as noted he worked with Taran Tactical in #2. I also read that he decided that Wick needed to do a new martial arts because he wanted to do a style he didn't cover in Matrix, so Wick went all Jujitsu or whatever instead of Kung Fu. Which is pretty cool.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The first John Wick movie was pretty good and created an interesting character. The second one carried on the story logically ... sort of. The third one was ridiculous and cartoonish ... I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing. JMHO.

But then Deadpool is considered a Four Star movie ... that pretty much lowers the bar for every movie coming after it. I'm just glad I didn't pay money to watch any of them.

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
The first John Wick movie was pretty good and created an interesting character. The second one carried on the story logically ... sort of. The third one was ridiculous and cartoonish ... I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing. JMHO.

But then Deadpool is considered a Four Star movie ... that pretty much lowers the bar for every movie coming after it. I'm just glad I didn't pay money to watch any of them.
“Deadpool”?!? Have mercy.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
19 Posts
We've come a long way from Dirty Harry, where the bad guy (Andy Robinson) was so anti-gun that he was reluctant to even hold one in the film. When shooting them he flinched so badly that they had to bring in a shooting coach to give him some basic instruction on how to actually hold and shoot a gun.
I have never heard that before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ag and Pb have similar densities; ductility seems pretty similar, but if Ag is only a little less ductile that might be a non-starter. And Ag brinells much higher than Pb: so at a guess its ductility isn’t as close as it seems.
) -;

... better beef up those revolvers for the pressure spikes or down-load the cartridges. Maybe why he needs the wrist flip.
For those who are not aware, Ag is silver and Pb is lead.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Besides the laughable gun play, this is a genuinely awful movie.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
yeah quite typical of Hollywood. I forget the movie but they had the bad guy hold a Glock up to someone's face. Then they did a edit cut and showed him cocking the hammer for dramatic effect. Then cut back to the Glock in the face with the victim looking scared. Yeah I know, pretty bad if you know something about guns. I also still crack up when they show someone constantly racking the slide on a pump shotgun before the person goes around a corner, every corner.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts