1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Just ordered my first EB Kobra (full size stainless). I want to thank Damian (Dubb 1) of Adco for all his help in getting that done, as well as KB - who was also very helpful - and whom I will soon be talking to about aluma grips.

Any advice on breaking in - or unique traits to be mindfull of?

Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
AJ:
Great...another soon to be member of the Snake Pit! The Alumagrips are also a nice addition to an all stainless pistol.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! The most unusual thing about a Brown is that everything is made out of good stuff, fits well, and needs no tinkering.

You lucked into two of the most helpful men in the business!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Welcome! I too am waiting for a fullsize KobraSS--1/27 or sooner. Yes, indeed KB is great! He understands what customer service is all about. I really liked those Simmonich grips I saw in a pic, but haven't been able to find them online. Again, congratulations!

Theo :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good people

All:

I just hope that the Kobra is as good as all you folks. I feel like I have joined a great fraternity - and am still on a bit of a high from placing myseld in the line.

I hope that everyone is having a great day.

Aj

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Unique traits? Accuracy, reliability, superb feeling, attention to detail and easy on the eyes! :D

As far a break-in is concerned, a little bit of your favorite lube and start shooting! Loc-tite the rear sight when it is where you want it and enjoy!

My stainless 5" Kobra has been superb since the day I got it, nearly one year ago.

Congrats! And welcome to the snake pit!

·
Registered
809 Posts
What finally helped me make up my mind was realizing that for that much money I should try and get as much metal as possible. Hence, the fullsize. I just can't wait. But unlike other sellers at least there is a date set, and I know that the price will not go up for me. ;)

Anxiously, Theo. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Theo,

I'm with you - but my decision was based on the fact that I have yet to see - here or in a magazine - a negative comment on EB firearms. My thinking is that since they are a family shop more care goes in prior to the firearm being shipped out. I had thought hard about a Wilson Stainless Protector (one is at the local shop right now) but had a very bad experience with Wilson's customer service folks when ordering parts for my Gold Cup. I had to wait 2 1/2 mos for an extractor, and theywere unpleasant when I called for status checks.

If this thread is any indication, I am sure I made the right decision. Not to mention the EB's are beautiful firearms - I cannot wait to cycle the action on mine and fire off the first round. 89 days and counting.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's interesting, ad. I too was down to the same choice, but went with the Brown for the same reasons you mentioned had formed your choice. Besides the foundational qualitative issues the Kobra is just a beautiful and unique pistol--its uniqueness of course being a great part of its beauty. I am now looking at two add-on sets of grips, and will waiver between the two choices right up to purchase.

Marking the calender, Theo :)

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Don't drive yourself nuts, Theo. All my pistols have entire wardrobes!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Adawjohn said:
All:

Just ordered my first EB Kobra (full size stainless). I want to thank Damian (Dubb 1) of Adco for all his help in getting that done, as well as KB - who was also very helpful - and whom I will soon be talking to about aluma grips.

Any advice on breaking in - or unique traits to be mindfull of?

Thanks!
Adam
Hi Adam... the only thing you really need to be mindful of, is which brown you will want next!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sounds good! Stainless full-size Ed Brown 1911s are hard to beat. What do you plan to use it for? Self-defense, competition, recreation? :)

Andy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andy,

I will be using it primarily for recreation and competition (IDPA / Urban Cowboy). Sadly, Illinois does not allow concealed carry - although I have some ties to Indiana - and if I were to move there I would see a Kobra Carry in my future.

Best,
Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts