1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 4 months ago, I sold my kimber custom cdp II fs, it was a great gun, but too "pretty" for my taste, I carry daily using a owb hoster, sometimes a thigh rig, dependant upon what is going on.

I used my taurus pt92ar (the newer one with the integral light rail) for awhile, but don't trust the stopping power of the 9mm,,, would rather go with less rounds but know the stopping power is there. (besides, isn't gun control hitting what you are aiming at??)

Anyway, I am awaiting arrival of my new SA Operator Loaded, with much anticipation,,,, steel frame, novak night sights (which I prefer over the meprolight), looks like a slabside that I will not have to do too much improvement on...........

anyway, enough of my ramblings, just wanted to make myself known to the club, you will probably see a review written by me in the next couple weeks, once I break it in with some 230 grn fmj's, we will see where we are at............................

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome aboard, Havoc.
Lot's of good stuff going on here on the SA board.

Sounds like you made a good choice with the Operator.
Is this your first 1911?

Regards

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, this will be my third,,,,

first, years ago, owned a colt 1911a1,,, a plain jane,,, but liked it all the same,,, but wanted improvements on it of course,,,,, sold it for lack of funds,,, and regretted it

then, about a year ago,,,, purchased a Kimber Custom CDP II, it was really nice, but really disliked the alloy frame,,,nothing wrong with it in function,,, just didn't feel right,,, and didn't like the shape of the meprolight sights,

so now I await my operator loaded,,,, should be here on wednesday,,,,, very excited,,, has everything I want,,,, hopefully she's a keeper, along with my m4's,

of course I am not done buying, down the road I want a m1a scout to try out,,,lol

·
Administrator
13,331 Posts
Welcome

Great choice .
We look forward to following your report .

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Welcome to our club! :p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the dealer called me and left me a message on my ans machine (on a sunday no less, gasp!!),,, and said it is being shipped in the morning airborne express,,, so hopefully will have it for my days off on wednesday and thursday to go break it in,,, wohooooooooo!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my new loaded operator came in and man she is purrrrrrrrrrty!!,,, anyway,,, everything looks good, finish is nice and uniform, trigger felt great dry firing, novak sights glow great at night,,,,,

noticed however that my surefire nitrolon p101 weapons light has alot of play on the rail forward and reverse, wonder if I need to cut the one tab off the lock mechanism so it only has the bar going across, beings as the pic rail on the sa operator is not the same style persay as the glock rails,,,,

a dremel should do the trick!!! anyone else had to do this???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts