1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone order from or own a Jones Tactical belt? From internet forums and such they are great quality and offer tons of different kinds from EDC belts to duty belts. Comparable to Ares Gear belts, some say. Anyway I ordered the Jones Tactical "Fat Zombie" duty belt which is their version of a 2" duty belt with an inner trouser belt held together by Velcro. I ordered it on October 4th via paypal and received no confirmation order or anything. I emailed him, Richard, and he responded confirming it and tells me he is right at a 7 week turn time as he is a one man shop and they are hand made. I say fine, I am in no hurry.

I email him Dec. 5th, 9 weeks after he quoted 7 weeks. Richard responds that it is "in line" to be made. I ask, if it hasn't started being made then can we cancel. No response. Since he didn't respond I emailed him the next day the 6th of Dec. he responds it is in a box ready to ship out. Fine, at this point I want a belt or my money back.

Here we are, Dec. 17th, 11 days from him stating that my order was ready to ship out and 9 transit days for any common shipping carrier he would have used. I got no tracking information from him on Dec. 6th. I emailed him again today asking where the fk my belt is, and up until 12:41PM today no response. Seems like he is just lying to me at this point. either my order hasn't shipped or didn't when he said it did or he hasn't made it yet and doesn't want to refund me my money.

At any rate this highly recommended company has poor customer service. I have been more than patient and it has been, going on 11 weeks. It would be fine if he told me up front 7 weeks, 11 weeks, 20 weeks but don't tell me it shipped 11 days ago and it is a no show. He is now not responding to my emails, as he would before.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Dan I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. There may be a reason for the delay but they should be clear, with you, up front.

Good luck in resolving the issue .

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I am interested in this.
Vendors who lie, don't deliver, lie some more and ignore valid cancellations should be of interest to all of us. It's the same thing as stealing.
A well deserved heads up is a benefit to all of us.
If the above vendor, or any vendor for that matter, cannot honor their contracts then the membership should welcome the information and make their own judgements.

The "Snitches get Stitches" attitude needs to be eliminated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not necessarily posting to bash them, more along the lines of if anyone has dealt with them and sharing my issue. The gear he makes came highly recommended and reviewed. I do have an update:

Rich replied after I sent my 2nd email exclaiming him to respond to me. I kind of had to get pushy. Anyway he provided tracking information for USPS and it showed shipped on 12/7 delivered 12/9. However to my old address which I asked him to change to my new address on 12/5 and he obliged. I guess he forgot 2 days later, hey can't fault him I guess. If the tracking information provided is true then it is a matter of hunting down the new tenants of the house I was renting or the landlord and hope they are stand up people to no steal my stuff.

I think most all of this could have been avoided if he had better customer service or some way to track orders and some follow up since he knew I was running out of patience on the 9th week after being quoted 7 weeks. I have ordered directly from Original SOE and their belts are hand made and it took only a couple weeks and there is an online store that stocks Ares Ranger Belts. Also have ordered from The Wilderness Tactical, their original Instructor belt, which are made to order, took 2 weeks.

Of course I don't have my Jones gear to compare quality and see if it is worth the 7-11 week wait but the other companies are known quality and come to my door quicker so probably the better buy.

-Dan

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
It sounds like you'll end up with your belt after all. It sounds like it will all work out, of course not without some snags in the process.

I think most all of this could have been avoided if he had better customer service or some way to track orders and some follow up since he knew I was running out of patience on the 9th week after being quoted 7 weeks.
Of course, if you hadn't changed addresses after you ordered, you'd probably have the belt by now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course, if you hadn't changed addresses after you ordered, you'd probably have the belt by now.
True to an extent. I informed him before the belt was even made on Dec. 5th and he agreed to send to new address. So if he had made a note somewhere reminding him or immediately changed the order address I would have it by now too.

9 weeks is a long time, and a lot can happen, like moving. That is 2 months and a week into a 3rd. When I get it, I will post my thoughts on it.

-Dan

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
True to an extent. I informed him before the belt was even made on Dec. 5th and he agreed to send to new address. So if he had made a note somewhere reminding him or immediately changed the order address I would have it by now too.

9 weeks is a long time, and a lot can happen, like moving. That is 2 months and a week into a 3rd. When I get it, I will post my thoughts on it.

-Dan
A valid point.

I'm a retired USAF guy. I moved a lot of times. I held off ordering an awful lot of stuff until after I got to my new address, especially things that were advertised to deliver within a few weeks of my projected move. I never had a lot of confidence in the Post Office, UPS, FedEx, etc, to track me down after a move. I also feared one of those delivery services dropping a package at my old address and having somebody walk off with the product and I never see it. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I have a standing order for a belt from Jones Tactical that I already paid in full for on May 5th, 2013. More than a half year later I have not received any communication back from Mr. Jones despite messaging him via e-mail & Facebook at least once a month.

If you somehow get ahold of him before I do, ask him if he knows anything about a belt for a fella named Khoi in Texas that was paid for about 8 months ago.

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
I am interested in this.
Vendors who lie, don't deliver, lie some more and ignore valid cancellations should be of interest to all of us. It's the same thing as stealing.
A well deserved heads up is a benefit to all of us.
If the above vendor, or any vendor for that matter, cannot honor their contracts then the membership should welcome the information and make their own judgements.

The "Snitches get Stitches" attitude needs to be eliminated.
In all fairness, if you read the rules of the forum, complaint threads are not tolerated and for very good reason: This is the internet. And, on the internet, you have no way to verify the validity of claims made by people who choose to post negative rant threads.

In general, this forum takes the tack that if you have a complaint about a vendor, then the vendor should be able to respond. If they are not here on this forum, then we strongly encourage direct contact with said vendor and close the thread as piling on without benefit of the other side of the coin is never good.

In the cases of threads where a poster has a legitimate question or concern such as "Hey, I haven't heard from..." or "Hey has anyone else..." in trying to figure out what's going on, those are permissible because they solicit feed back and are not negative rants.

So, there's no such thing around here as "snitches get stitches", only a legitimate desire to prevent our forum from being used as the platform for trolls or underhanded people to bash and trashtalk anyone else, especially if that person has no means of defending himself here.

To the OP: I hope that you get your situation sorted out, and I'm going to leave this open in case anyone else has had contact with this vendor in order and can shed some light on things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered in October 2013, expecting a 7 week delay in shipping. I had one shipping update in February 2014. I received 2" FatZombie this week (June 2014), eight (8) months after order.

Great belt! S-L-O-W respond and S-L-O-W to ship, but it was delivered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts