1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Good idea Sam. I picked up a "new in box" Colt CCO to hold me over on the new SW1911 scandium commander, but it did not quench my thirst like I had hoped. And I don't know how long I can hide my Christmas bonus from my wife.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I really can't say anything other than the SHOT show is getting closer every day.

Please bear in mind that I'm not any sort of company spokesman, so I'd best leave product announcements to the marketing folks.

I can say that I think the Commander is a sweet little gun. I wouldn't mind getting one for myself as a carry piece.

Jason

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JRD......What a Bummer. Ask your marketing guys to let a little cat out of the bag to get some marketing momentum going prior to the show.

Let's get some S&W scandium Commander preview buzz on the Forum.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
145 Posts
JRD, your occasional presence here is greatly appreciated. I am still quite happy with my SW1911, FWIW, and cannot wait until the variants are announced.

It is my hope that once the announcements have been made, that you will be alowed to share with us some of the story of how these came about, and any other interesting details about thier design or use.

Thanks again for the fine work you are doing! :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
JRD,
I agree with Sam about getting marketing involved here. This is the one place on the internet where a company can interact with it's customer base on a day to day basis. Think of all the valuable customer feedback they could get for free! The SW1911 is a big hit here and the new SC1911 (just my way of refrencing the new scandium 1911) has a lot of interest. I understand if they don't want to tip their hand to Colt, Kimber and SA, but they could still drop some hints. Like when it will be for sale to the public. This is like waiting for Christmas but they won't tell you what day it will be on!! :confused:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I spoke with S&W yesterday in reference to the new commander and the person I spoke with said it will ship in three to four weeks to the distrubutors. I asked him how many were to be shipped out and he said approx. 800 commanders will go out.........................

·
Registered
557 Posts
"Good things come to those who wait".

SW1911SC
4 1/4" Pistol

Specifications
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SKU: 108283
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 8 Rounds +1
Barrel Length: 4 1/4"
Front Sight: White Dot
Rear Sight: Novak Lo Mount Carry 2-Dot
Firing System: N/A
Grip: Wood
Trigger: Skeletonized
Hammer: Skeletonized
External Safety: Single Side
Frame: Small/Compact
Finish: Black
Overall length: 7.95"
Material: Scandium/Alum.Alloy/Carbon Steel
Weight Empty: 28 ounce

Other Features:
True Commander Configuration - Accepts After-Market Commander Accessory Parts
Exceptionally Strong Scandium Alloy Frame With The Weight Of Aluminum - 28.0 oz.
Packaged with 2 Full Capacity (8 Round) 1911 Configuration Magazines
Low Profile, Non-Reflective Black Matte Finish For Excellent Concealed Carry
External Extractor for Extremely High Auto Loading Reliability
Novak® Low Mount Carry Sight

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts