1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested. I Thought I would share some photos of my favorite carry pistol, STI Guardian 9mm. It will be 2 years old in April. I'm thinking about refinishing Cerokote. It's a bit dirty I had it at the range today.

You can see where the barrel feet it's contacting the slide stop pin.

And the wear from the slide stop on the frame, I don't think this is normal

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was my first time shooting, I shot 5, 8 round magazines thru it, I shoot mostly steel targets now. It had a slide stop not working after last round glitch but it cleared up, no other issues. I lost count of rounds in the gun so far it must be well over 2000 now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Excellent pistol choice and nice shooting. My Guardian rotates with a Ranger as my primary carry. Great carry piece and, like you, I've found it to be extremely accurate and very reliable. I've put well over 5000 rounds through mine without a glitch.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I was able to get this from a LGS who got it by a FFL transfer from a raffle draw. The person who won it talked them into a rifle trade. The Guardian sat for a while, not too many people in my area heard of STI and being it was a 9mm it got passed over. Anyway I bought it new for $200 less than MSRP, I consider it one of my best gun purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts