1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
72,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midway USA has the flat blued steel Gold Cup mainspring housings currently in stock for around $48. Just a few dollars more than the Les Baer housings and they fit Colt frames nicely without needing additional fitting. I just got one for my 1911 Classic to replace the plastic one that was on it. I've been going back and forth between a flat or an arched housing and finally decided I prefer the flat, but the plastic one I had on it just had to go.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I too have been looking for one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Midway USA has the flat blued steel Gold Cup mainspring housings currently in stock for around $48. Just a few dollars more than the Les Baer housings and they fit Colt frames nicely without needing additional fitting. I just got one for my 1911 Classic to replace the plastic one that was on it. I've been going back and forth between a flat or an arched housing and finally decided I prefer the flat, but the plastic one I had on it just had to go.
Thanks the plastic has to go!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
72,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately nobody that I know of offers a serrated housing with a lanyard loop. I've seen some checkered ones, but to me those look a bit odd on a basic plain-jane 1911.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Unfortunately nobody that I know of offers a serrated housing with a lanyard loop. I've seen some checkered ones, but to me those look a bit odd on a basic plain-jane 1911.
I believe Cylinder and Slide will put a lanyard loop on any MSH you send them IIRC.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Where have all the "plastic" arched M/S housings gone? I've had one on order (Brownell's) for a year!

Any "plastic" arched M/S housings out there looking for a new home?

For sale? Trade? or Pay it forward?

I have a new Officer Size, Checkmate, 9mm magazine to trade or post on the "Pay it Forward Thread!

All the best,

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where have all the "plastic" arched M/S housings gone? I've had one on order (Brownell's) for a year!

For sale? Trade? or Pay it forward?

I have a new Officer Size, Checkmate, 9mm magazine to trade or post on the "Pay it Forward Thread!

All the best,

I'm pretty sure I have on around here I'm not using. I'll around to see if I can find it.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pale face, I liked the looks of that smooth mainspring housing you showed. I went to Midways website and couldn't find it. Any other ideas? It seems like I saw a couple on Ebay but the quality didn't seem that good.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
DSK Can you drop in a link to the midway MSH....I cant seem to find it....yeah I’m internet challenged apparently :D

·
Administrator
72,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I've got spare plastic flat housings coming out the wazoo, but the only plastic arched one I have is in use. Colt hasn't used plastic arched housings in a long time so I'm surprised they even still list them for sale. Have you been checking eBay frequently?

·
Registered
176 Posts

thanks dsk

do you have a thought on an very small magwell that would attach well to this msh?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts