1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought a 2002 unfired Gold Cup Trophy, with the exception of the idiot mark from the first owner, it is flawless, and as the third owner, I got it at a very good price.
I bore sighted it here before going to the range today, the Bomar sights, though not my favorite, looked good.
As you would expect, it ran flawlessly, and took anything I gave it. I did not further adjust the sights as I want to get it broke in a little before worrying about perfection. As you can see in the attached picture, at 25 yards, with ball ammo, it done well for its first visit to the range. It will improve as it gets worn a bit, and I also will improve shooting this fine American tradition of fine firearms.
Here in Ohio, it's getting a little cold for shooting outdoors, but I will see what the weather does, and maybe have some more range time before the snow flies.
Suffice to say I am pleased with my first Colt. My Sig 1911 C3 had its hands full competing with the GCT.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am enjoying it. I have waited a long time to get the GCT, so I am obviously over joyed with its performance. I was in a hurry yesterday when I went to the range, so didn't get to spend much time, actually, just fired three mags worth.
My excitement over the GCT has been picked up by my family, they have been cruising the web site, I got a feeling this is going to be a Colt Christmas. I am like a kid with a new toy, and I'm nearly 70 years old. Ha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts