1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That now makes three! Should be here tomorrow. Blued, with two magazines, no box.

Rated at 90% condition.

With shipping and transfer fees, should be well under $340.

How did I do??

·
Registered
757 Posts
Very very good. One tuff pistol. I changed all my springs to Colt went to stainless pins some other modifications. This is a really good pistol to learn on and a great shooter as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ridge Runner said:
That now makes three! Should be here tomorrow. Blued, with two magazines, no box.

Rated at 90% condition.

With shipping and transfer fees, should be well under $340.

How did I do??
did ya find on it on an auction site or what?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Norinco

Found it on a dealers website in Kentucky. Whittcar Guns or something like that. I thought what the heck, good gun to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Shweet. I saw a NIB Norinco at the gun show Saturday for $399. Not a bad price. If he has it with him in Norfolk this weekend.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, disappointed with my new Norinco

This is my third Norc. I ordered it sight unseen and it arrived today. I am slightly disappointed.

They dealer claimed it was a 90% gun, with holster wear on the front end of the slide from holster wear....OK I can handle that since she will be parkerized or refinished in some manner.

I look at it and it has some very minor pitting???? at the muzzle end. At least I think it is....I drag my finger over it and I can barely feel it, but it is noticable. It is either pitting or some type of minor metal defect in the metal process.

Other than that, the gun looks perfect and not shot much at all. The bluing is solid everwhere else.

The serial number is in the 300,000 range.

Will a new refinish process cover it completely, or will there always be a rough spot on the muzzle end of the slide?

For $279 I am not overly pleased, but will keep it and work on it..........the trigger seems to be excellent on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Without seeing it I can't say, but you can probably file or sand it smooth, as long as they're not very deep. Aletrnatively you can replace the bushing with a "melt" style and cover it completely, whether or not you round it off or leave it square is up to you.

Most finishers might be able to take care of it too. Who were you thinking of sending it to, and what finish did you want?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Norinco Finish

I do not know. I thought about sending it to Wilsons for a refinish and sight installation.

I plan on using a Norinco as my daily carry weapon.

I have read that a lot of gunsmiths do not like working on Norincos because of the hard steel. Wilsons appears to work on a lot of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts