1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but I just installed an Ed Brown extened ejector and refitted/tensioned the stock extractor in my Kimber Stainless Compact II. It really makes a differance when using the propper files. I had to file a grove in the new ejector for the retaining pin. I'm sure some of you have read about the ejection problems I was having with my pistol. I hope this get's it sorted out. I'm fixing to head out to the range in a moment to fing out. I haven't made it through a hundred round stretch in a while with out at least one FTE. I'll let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

I just got back. I just hit the 1000th mark today with those last 100 rds fired. That's not bad concidering I've only had the gun 3 months. I didn't have one single FTE tonight, although I did have a FTF or better yet FTBTB. The round was feeding but didn't seat itself on the breech face under the extractor. I bet the extractor tension was a little too tight. That happened in the first 30 rds with the last 70 rds firing w/o incident. I don't know whether to keep it like it is or back off the tension a little bit. I would think it would break back in after a few rounds and not happen again. What do you think? I did't used the Ed Brown HC extractor. O put in the slide to fing the hook was longer that the stock one, plus it also stuck out the back of the slide with the firing pin block in place. I decided to file down the the tip of the hook on stock piece to where it didn't contact the bevel as much as it did and retension it. It still touches a little bit but mot to the point where it tries to push a seated round off of the breech face. Thanks for the input on my previous post guys. I think I have it sorted out :) .

Robert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts