1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in a reliable Kel-tec P-11 on a compact Charles Daily. I must say I was surprised at its accuracy and it handles well..Just one problem..I had to immediately take it back to the store because the Mechanism that holds the slide back on the last round doesnt seem to be working properly

The gun itself functioned fine otherwise witht he exception of an italian made extra clip that came with the gun ( had a malfunction with that one) but with a colt Mag, it functioned 100% with ball, cor-bon, and silvertip loads.
I like the gun, it just sucks that the damn slide stop wasn't working..
Anyone else ever have the problem with their CD's?

------------------
"I do not set much value on the friendship of people who do not succeed in getting disliked by their enemies."

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Okay... First, it's a "Daly" not Daily, and second, pet peave... It came with an Extra Mag, not clip. That Italian Mag you referred to is probably a MecGar, and generally speaking, they work fine, but I don't use them, and I have a couple I got with some other guns like the Kimber.

I doubt that you can blame the gun if the Slide stop failed to operate with a particular mag, and didn't with another... If you use good quality mags like Wilson's, it's very unlikely that you won't have problems.

While I personally wouldn't purchase a Charles Daly, there are many who have opted for the Daly due to the Price/Value, and they like them. You don't have to spend $600 on a 1911 to get one that will work, but if you spend $400 on one, I don't think you should knock the gun because of a $10 mag.

YMMV...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
This forum is full of examples of problems people have had with CDs. It's also full of examples of no problems.

I suggest you browse a few of the topics here as it's getting tiresome to answer the same question over and over again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh excuse me..I tell ya what I will stop posting here then. Pardon me for my misspelling I didn't realize this was a spelling forum..Bye jerks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, maybe I wasn.t clear..the colt mag functioned fine as far as feeding. but the slide didnt stay back on either of them...maybe I wasn't clear enough for you. I believe I specifically said that the other mag caused a malfunction.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by swatman:
Just one problem..I had to immediately take it back to the store because the Mechanism that holds the slide back on the last round doesnt seem to be working properly

The gun itself functioned fine otherwise witht he exception of an italian made extra clip that came with the gun ( had a malfunction with that one) but with a colt Mag, it functioned 100% with ball, cor-bon, and silvertip loads.

I like the gun, it just sucks that the damn slide stop wasn't working..
Anyone else ever have the problem with their CD's?

Nope, I guess you weren't clear about that...

I am sorry if you mistook my comments as anything but offering an opinion. Resorting to name calling is not tolerated here.

You had ANSWERED your own question, I was just pointing that out for you...

Cheers...

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I will add, there's much that can be learned from many around here, if you are interested. There's a lot of informed people here willing to help.

Cheers...

·
Registered
285 Posts
If spelling was a requirement here I would have been gone a long time ago .

On to your problem , its probably your mags , I have three of the MEC-GARs factory mags and one out of three fail to lock back , my Chip McCormicks work fine and one Wilson Malfunctions on the slide stop . I have the big ugly extended slide stop that I plan on replacing with a Colt or McCormick stop. Dont go away mad Dude just over one person slammin you . This is usually a very Cordial bunch of Folks.

As for problems with guns , spend some time on the other gun areas , they all have some problems from time to time . Later Man .

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not a pistolsmith, don't know alot about the inner workings of a pistol, etc. I bought my Field Grade ECS back in April, and I've been quite pleased. I would suspect that as in any mass production endeavor, there are a few bad apples here and there. So far, I've not had any problems with mine, right out of the box, with the mags provided. I've fired probably a couple of thousand rounds without one hiccup. Good luck with yours and I hope things work out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've had this problem before. I cannot say that this is your issue, but it sure seems like it. It's just the magazine. You said the other mags worked fine. You'll probably want to get some Wilson Combat or MecGars.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have three factory mags. The other twp work fine but the other one pushes the slide stop with one round still in the mag. I removed some part of the follower and this solved the problem. BTW, the follower is made of polymer.

Your problem is the other way around. Why not replace the follower if this is the problem.

vega

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Decided I didn't wanna keep that POS and got a Glock 26 instead.

------------------
"I do not set much value on the friendship of people who do not succeed in getting disliked by their enemies."

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the CS model as well and found that the slide stop was peening the front edge of the cutout in the slide. I filed the top of the slide stop just a little bit and now with the Meggar mags it's 100% lock open. I have a Colt mag that doesn't work at all but am thinking of getting some different springs to put into it to see if that helps. My suggestion to you is return it to Charles Daly for the warranty work as if you do it yourself it will void your warranty. The only thing is that it's a 5-6 week wait to get it back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Luckily the place I bought it from guarantees there merchandise so when I took it back they agreed to just subtract my original trade in plus the money I put on the Daly from the Glock 26.. Don;t know why i didn't go for the Glock in the 1st place.. They have always been 100% reliable

------------------

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by swatman:
Don;t know why i didn't go for the Glock in the 1st place.. They have always been 100% reliable
Well... Not exactly... I have witnessed many Glocks choke, and while the 27 is more notorious than the 26 for getting Limp Wristed, the Sub Compact Glocks can be tough to shoot well.

I would say that your more likely to find the Glock will be more reliable than a Charles Daly, but then, that's still not comparing apples with apples, now is it

Enjoy your Tactical Tupperware, and don't shoot a lot of lead through that Glock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have been a big fan of Glocks for awhile especially since I got the G19. I took my 26 to the range yesterday. I must say, it is a sweet shooter. It can also use my hi-cap Glock 19's mags which is a plus.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts