1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Congratulations -- that's one special pistol. Please do report on the performance...and I'd love to see some photos. I'm thinking of picking up a PC1911 or PC945 5" next year, and I'd love to see a pic of a stainless PC1911 other than the one on the official site.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
You will probably find that you have a real quality 1911 in your hands.

I rate the PC 1911 higher than my Les Baer Premier in fit and finish. Accuracy is about the same too.

Enjoy,
Bob

·
Registered
500 Posts
rbert0005 said:
You will probably find that you have a real quality 1911 in your hands.

I rate the PC 1911 higher than my Les Baer Premier in fit and finish. Accuracy is about the same too.

Enjoy,
Bob
I second that. With a hand-fitted barrel, my PC1911 is more accurate than LB Premier II with 1.5" guarantee! The finish/reliability are better in PC1911 and it is less picky on ammo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just Got Mine!

After agonizing research and thanks to this forum I decided on a 170261 Performance Center S&W. Traded in my sloppy made Springer. (yeah its a good "value") Black Stainless which had a poor slide to frame fit etc. Thought hard about Les Baer but the 1 year warranty and some comments about snotty customer service turned me off. This gun is tight as can be and I will put it thru its paces tomorrow and report back. Interesting note, I looked at several of these, one had a black trigger, mine a silver one, another a silver extractor, mine a black one.....?

·
Registered
500 Posts
DANGER1 said:
I looked at several of these, one had a black trigger, mine a silver one, another a silver extractor, mine a black one.....?
Did you buy a black PC1911 or glassbead stainless? If you bought black (Melonite), it usually comes with a black aluminum trigger as well as black extractor. Other versions of the PC1911 come with silver trigger. Either PC1911 is an excellent shooter, but I like black.
I am sure you won't regret this purchase over LB. No comparison there, in terms of customer service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Hessy, Mine is the "gloss" stainless w/matt slide top and dust cover. I was really tossed to get the black but I like the contrast of the black parts on the sliver...wish they made silver parts on the black...love black too! The pic on the S&W web shows my model 170261 with a much better looking black trigger, I may ask them for one only because it looks better. My silver trig. almost seems to stick out too far, you can see the 2 small pins that hold it to the mechanism? Also noticed that if I push the beaver tail slightly to the right it will not move into the frame, moving it to the left is fine....?

Any input on these 2 minor things appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hardhead60 said:
here is one pic. took a while to resize photo lol. View attachment 24995
Nice! Wood grip panels look 'right' somehow.

I had the same resize issue... Ended up installing theGimp on my laptop.

Looks like you have front strap checkering. Let me know how that works out. I decided against it as I expected that to chew up my computer fingers...

Knut

·
Registered
500 Posts
DANGER1 said:
My silver trig. almost seems to stick out too far, you can see the 2 small pins that hold it to the mechanism? Also noticed that if I push the beaver tail slightly to the right it will not move into the frame, moving it to the left is fine....?

Any input on these 2 minor things appreciated.
Normally you don't see the pins that hold the trigger, only the screw that you can use to adjust the trigger. There should be some amount of play in the beavertail, and you may need to push it straight for it not to bind to the frame. If that play becomes excessive, you may ask S&W to refit the beavertail safety.
BTW, nice range report.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.