1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Kimber Custom TLE II. Pick it up next week.
Want to buy a few extra mags, any suggestions?

And is there anything I should know about 1911's (this is my first one)?

And did I make the right choice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like the Wilson Combat 47D mags.

As for the Kimber being the right choice, you will know when you shoot it! Make sure you keep the barrel with a light coat of oil on it in your safe because Kimber barrels are prone to rust

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
The Custom II line is a solid line. For mags, Wilson, Tripp, CMC, etc all make good mags. Pick one and try it. If it works ..... load up. If the factory mag works for you then that's an option too. Congrats.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your Kimber. I'm sure you will be very pleased with it. The different mags listed above all good choices. I personally use Wilson.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations you are going to love that pistol. First I suggest you read the owners manual and understand all the parts and how the pistol functions before you load it. Make yourself aware of the safety features and what it takes to go bang. Clean the gun before going to the range and go through the break in process as the owners manual describes.
It is really a nice weapon congratulations again. You will receive a wealth of information on this site. Most really know what they are talking about. I hope to join that group one day.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Lube it very generously. When the manual says a drop, they don't tell you what size drop......make it a big one and spread it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Pro TLE that has been flawless. I use the stock kimber mag along with other mags with no problems at all. I would say you've made a good purchase. Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Simple

Why do We carry handguns? We carry handguns because we do not expect trouble. If we expect trouble then we bring a long gun. But since we don’t expect trouble but are aware that trouble might still visit us, we go armed with a handgun.

You made a good choice

·
Registered
312 Posts
1911's are awesome , welcome to the club. Lots of knowledge on these forums. They are like an addiction , I dare say this wont be your last one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I (along with many other posters on this site) think the TLE is one of if not the best bang for you buck 1911s out there. I love mine. I use the kimber pro tac 8 rounders.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yep, that's a great gun and good mags, too. Clean the gun of all the factory shipping grease, then re-lube and go to the range! Read the manual first as it recommends ~500 rounds of FMJ ammo before trying other styles of rounds. Also poke around YouTube for anything you're not sure about (such as lubrication points) if you're unfamiliar with 1911's. Folks here can probably point you to some favorites, as well. There's some good DVDs that cover complete disassembly and reassembly as well as lubrication instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, that's a great gun and good mags, too. Clean the gun of all the factory shipping grease, then re-lube and go to the range! Read the manual first as it recommends ~500 rounds of FMJ ammo before trying other styles of rounds. Also poke around YouTube for anything you're not sure about (such as lubrication points) if you're unfamiliar with 1911's. Folks here can probably point you to some favorites, as well. There's some good DVDs that cover complete disassembly and reassembly as well as lubrication instructions.

Yep, I am completely unfamiliar with 1911s (besides shooting a buddies 1911),
What are some of those DVDs you mentioned? Any books?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on the TLE. I use the Kimber Pro magazines & have not had any problems.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts