1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just picked up my first Kimber today. I have been milling it around for over 2 years now and finally bit the bullet after shooting a buddy's, which he bought on my recommendation. Love everything about the Grand Raptor II and can’t wait to get to the range. I am some what concerned though I figured the wife would give me all kind of grief but she didn’t. She actually liked it and asked where I was going to keep it in case she needs to use it :confused:? This is what has me worried the fact that she “NEEDS TO USE IT”. Well I appreciate all of the info on the forum and hope that I will be able to contribute in the future.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I use my GR as my carry gun. You did good. I wouldn't worry too much about the Mrs., she'll only shoot it a little.

·
Banned
759 Posts
My EX-wife was seriously anti-gun, after she devorced me and took my house along with my dignity she found out I had got back into guns and actualy had the gaal to ask me for one of my new guns, because she didn't feel safe living alone!

Typical, women are crazy, sleep with one eye open, LOL.:hrm:

·
Registered
213 Posts
My EX-wife was seriously anti-gun, after she devorced me and took my house along with my dignity she found out I had got back into guns and actualy had the gaal to ask me for one of my new guns, because she didn't feel safe living alone!

Typical, women are crazy, sleep with one eye open, LOL.:hrm:
No, both open, one on your woman, the other on your wallet.

Antoine, tell her...if she doesn't like it, find one that does. I married someone that likes guns...unfortunately, she likes designer purses just a bit more :bawling:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
This is what has me worried the fact that she “NEEDS TO USE IT”.
Boy howdy. Some people. Buy them books, teach them to read and all they do is chew the covers. :(

Here this guy is, the BEST opening he'll EVER have to buy another gun and he says "This is what has me worried". :)

Take her out to dinner (or at least some VERY nice take out), a little wine and sweet talk - then suggest you buy - her - one. :) Get her some good training (I really suggest you have someone else do the training. It's like playng bridge together, the best way to ruin a marrage.) and you'll be one of the happiest guys in your state. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
757 Posts
My wife keeps HER Sig 232 on HER side of the bed. And I have almost as many guns as she has shoes. I have the best wife I could ever imagine. If I come home from the gun shop and tell her about a gun that I liked she always asks 'Why didn't you bring it home'.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My wife keeps HER Sig 232 on HER side of the bed. And I have almost as many guns as she has shoes. I have the best wife I could ever imagine. If I come home from the gun shop and tell her about a gun that I liked she always asks 'Why didn't you bring it home'.
Now that wife is a keeper. Way to go.:rock:

·
Registered
211 Posts
my old lady like guns to

I have a Kimber Compat CDP II. My wife has a Springfield Compact XD 9mm. Which I got for her around 4 years ago. She dont like carry it because its to wide.Iam now looking to buy another Kimber for her or maybe I will give her mine and I will get me a new Kimber:rock:

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
Yep, time to buy her one for herself!

·
Registered
531 Posts
riksvet if you need any advice on how to milk this one just let us know; you have a opportunity to do lots of shooting in your future.
Don't screw this up. We can help. LOL

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
riksvet,

Congrats on your Grand Raptor. IMO it is one of Kimbers finest pistols. My first Kimber was a GR, well, until I let my wife shoot it... Once it got into her hands she said she wanted it. Obviously, I encourage the shooting sports so reluctantly I said "OK" immediately after she said, "Can I have the Grand Raptor and then you can get whatever 1911 you want ?!?!?!"

The next week I had a Gold Combat II in my hands. :biglaugh: Seriously, be careful how much you let her shoot it- she may like it TOO much!!! :rock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts