1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the hardest time deciding on new grips for my CBOB. Sarge's online store with the pictures of all the grips are too much.

I keep switching between what I want. It's too much. Sarge, please cut down the number of options to less than 10 - I feel like I'm looking at a Starbucks menu.

I've decided on slim black micarta's since I prefer function over form, but DAMN those Bobtail Box Elder would look SWEET on the CBOB.

And that ropey grain on the Bobtail Black Palm grips are really catchy... those would be a real conversation starter with all the ladies who I know are just dying to ask me about my grips. :D

Bah...

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
just get Venti spalted mochiatto soy slim grips... half foam of coarse:)

or maybe ask Charger how to order... I always see him in that drive thru, backing it up for blocks!

...ever seen a Colt wielding barista bandit? :eek:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I suggest Both. One set for sexy date night, one for business date night.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
If you get the micarta, are you going to lose sleep over the box elder? Will you be massively bummed out if someone else buys it? Will the black palm be the grips that got away?

Heck, you can always sell the factory grips to offset the cost a little.

I have three DW's and eight pairs of grips. I change them constantly.Pretty much whenever I take the grips off to clean the gun, I'll end up putting a different set of grips back on.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Wanna really go bonkers. Make your own. :bawling:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I feel your pain!

The grips are mesmerizing and overwhelming. However, it's great to have such quality choices.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ya know, the way I look at it is, 1911 grips are basically a mans way of playing with Barbie Doll clothes (kinda/sorta). I like dressing my 1911's up to match the activity or maybe my outfit for the day. :biglaugh:

Looks like my estrogen level might be little high today. :eek:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
You can get micarta anytime, but if you like the grain of the box elder you better get it now because you won't find grips exactly like that again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya know, the way I look at it is, 1911 grips are basically a mans way of playing with Barbie Doll clothes (kinda/sorta). I like dressing my 1911's up to match the activity or maybe my outfit for the day. :biglaugh:

Looks like my estrogen level might be little high today. :eek:
*Scoots away from MP1SG*

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can get micarta anytime, but if you like the grain of the box elder you better get it now because you won't find grips exactly like that again.
Oh god don't say things like that. Ugh.

Those box elders look so nice. Initially i didnt think the light blond color would sit nice with the stainless steel of the CBOB. But now...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I Found a set of Grips for my CBOB that i found a matching Pen for on his site.

not sure WHY i would want a matching pen with my grips other than my photo shoots... maybe BBQ gun style"?...

But me too.. too many choices to finally pay for a pair... keep swapping back and forth between 3 sets.

JOe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts