1911Forum banner

Just hit the 450 rounds mark on my Stainless II....

762 5
Here's my quick and dirty story so far with my month-old Stainless II....

I have taken it to the range on three different occasions since my purchase. Before my first time to the range with it,I stripped it and oiled it according to the manual. First time out, I shot 95 rounds of Winchester white box FMJ. A week later, my buddy and I fed it 100 rounds of Remington UMC FMJ and about 10 rounds of Federal 165 grain Hydra-shoks. Just yesterday,my buddy and I threw 200 rounds of Winchester white box and 50 rounds of Black Hills remanufactured FMJ down the range. Accuracy is awesome when we did our part and concentrated. Shot mostly from 5-15 yards at the indoor range. I stripped and cleaned the gun very thoroughly(took out every internal part) with Eezox after each session and liberally oiled with FP-10 where as needed.

How did you function you asked? Not one single FTE or FTF! And yes,this is an EXTERNAL extractor model. I am very pleased and love my Kimber more each passing day. :rock: Pretty good first time 1911/Kimber experience for me so far.

-Don
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
Outstanding!!! I just posted about running 500 rounds through my brand new Stainless TLE II this weekend (I'm a bit impatient with the whole "break in" thing:)) and I didn't have a hitch.

Two Series II's with no problems in one weekend......... will miracles never cease.;)

You know, I really think the oiling thing is very important. You'd think I'd dunked mine in a bucket of the stuff during break in. I'm a firm believer in having that thing slinging oil for the first 500-1,000 rounds. After that, I believe the bearing surfaces have set in real nice and you can ease back on it a bit.

Nice to hear some good news!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks LeMat! Good to see other success stories too. I don't mind over-oiling it a bit and let the rest sling off or be wiped off. Just good insurance and piece of mind knowing I didn't skimp on the maintenance. Plus,as mentioned,I strip the gun completely and meticulously clean every little part until it's nice and shiny again right after I come home. It's fun and relaxing for me after a session,and it's part of the bonding process. :biglaugh: I wouldn't want the gun to rot for days or weeks in grime and filth from the ammo/range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.