1911Forum banner

Just joined Springfield Club

1712 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Parker45
G
After much thinking back and forth I finally joined the Springfield club. I put in an order for a PX-9151L (stainless fullsize) and should have it in my city in about 6 weeks. I was going to order the parkerized one with tritiums but decided against it since I have 2 other pistols with them and in 10 years will have a costly replacement fee!!!! I also realized that while they're cool I'll likely never use them. I live in Canada and the only place I can shoot is in a range. (I did turn off the lights once with my C&S BHP
)

When my pistol comes I'll send it to Novak's or Wickmann's for a gold bead front sight. I'll also post a report when my gun comes.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
BK-BHP/1911,

Why don't you just have Dave Williams of the SA Custom Shop do the gold bead sight while it is still up there at the factory. He does absolutely first rate stuff...just a thought for you.

· Registered
25 Posts
BK- Glad to see ya jumped on the home team for the big win, Italian sporting goods in Vancouver has one in stock FYI. I agree with having Williams do the sight for you, the custom shop gave me a courtesy call the other day to lmk my gun would be delayed...nice touch, can't wait for my FBI gun.

· Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations BK, I have no complaints with my Full Size
Got a Belgium BHP yesterday, but havent had a chance to shoot it yet ( I think it was made in 69'?). Might send mine to C&S, Wickmann, or Novak. How does your Browning shoot?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My C&S BHP shoots very well. It is more accurate than me!!! I did get a fellow at my local range who is very good and at 15y (the length of the range
) he put 5 rounds in a group that could be covered by a dime. I have discussed this BHP in fnhipower.com. It initially came with the rear novaks mounted too low and it shot about 3 inches low. Mr. Laughridge fixed it promptly but the front is pretty stubby and sometimes (only sighting at home not during range work) glare from the slide gets in the sight picture. Still apart from the minor flaw it is excellent. I have a Wickmann BHP on order and I ordered matting on the top of the slide to cut glare. He also puts in a spacer block on Mark III slides so the Novak sight won't be mounted too low. However I'm still waiting for this gun

· Registered
37 Posts
You should be extremly happy with the PX 9151L. I just recived mine last thursday and have run about 50 rounds of 230gr fmj through it with no malfunctions. the only mods is a recoil buffer and white dots painted on the sights. I am considering replacing the factory two piece guide rod with the standard guide rod but still unshure about that one.

[This message has been edited by maddog355 (edited 03-23-2001).]

· Registered
261 Posts
Maddog45,
I once e-mailed Springfield about replacing the full-length guide rod with a standard GI plug and guide. They said there wouldn't be any problem if I did. Kimber said the same, for what it's worth. I don't care for guide rods. --Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.