1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it took approximately 360 rounds for it to happen, but they finally did in the front night sight on my Eclipse II. Guess it's time to call Kimber.

Guess I should be thankful I only have to ship the slide back, and not have to pay $30 or so to ship the whole gun.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Fred. you might consider just buying another brand of sight . I have adjustable night sights on my Stainless Gold Match,Kimber has replaced the rear 3 times in 5000 rounds(8 months) and the original front sight came loose after 150 rounds. The money I have spent on shipping would have easily paid for a set of Bo-mars. The next time mine break I am going to take the loss and buy Bo-mars.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Fred

Demand that Kimber foot the shipping bill! I did! This is absurd!
This is such a common complaint, Kimber has got to get their sh*t together! As I have done and suggested to others, send a copy of the complaints posted on these forums...maybe someday (soon
) they'll get the picture!

Best of luck to you... don't settle... bitch! It got me a brand new Super Match!

------------------
"run like hell...you'll just die tired."

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. I plan to ask for shipping charge reimbursement. I'll give Kimber a chance to make this right this time. If something like this happens again, I may just follow eljay's lead and put on different sights.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Fred
Oh, most definately! The first thing to go when I get the new SM is the crappy Italian-made adjustables. My 'smith is going to customize some Bo-Mars with line-dot-line tritium inserts for me (borrowed the idea from C.T. Brian's Sidewinder)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts