1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Add another one to the growing rest of new DW Patriot owners! I just picked up my new Dan Wesson Patriot Expert and plan on bringing it to the range tomorrow (weather permiting). A couple impressions: 1) fit and finish is on par or better than most. This is the tightest 1911 I've owned to date. Absolutely no bbl./bushing movement or slide/frame movement. 2) What's up with the plastic mainspring housing? That's probably going to be my first replacement. 3) Frontstrap checkering is definately going to be done as soon as soon as funds permit. I'm thinking 25 lpi should be sufficient. Anyone have any recommendations as to who does a good job at a fair price? I guess a little hockey tape will have to do until I get that work done. 4) the trigger is acceptable but not as crisp as I'd like. That will need attention at some point as well - a little too much creep for my tastes. 5) the proof card shows five rounds inside .75". If I can get anywhere near that I'm going to be one happy shooter!:)

Range report will follow guys - It probably won't happen until early next week though - hunting season just opened up here and I'm busy chasing bambi for a few days.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the group. Pics and range report are mandatory.
Hope you like your new friend as much as the rest of us like ours.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, Plastic MSH - check it out :
Ugh, I can't figure out how to post pics on this forum! If someone will give me a hand I'll post a nice pic of the back of the gun.
Whatever they made that MSH out of it isn't stainless and failed my magnet test.

·
Registered
844 Posts
gl92, I'm glad you like you new DW. Plastic mainsprings are not on the Patriots. Unless someone screwed up or took it out of the gun at a dealer. We make our own mainspring housings(steel) they are quite nice. The plastic only goes on the lower end models. You need to email me your address and I will get you out a steel one.

Thanks.
Bob
DWF
:)

[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Bob! I'll take you up on that. It is definately not made of steel. I bought the gun new, I'm going to have to agree w/ you, it was probably some kind of mix up. Check out the pictures on my range report.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome gl92...

Pretty good service on that m/s housing huh?

I followed your link and checked out the range report. Nice job.

Be careful about praising the DW products. Some folks around here will accuse you of being biased. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Potthawg - With service like this, DW just might earn some more business from me!:)
Belisarius - Thanks, I've got about 300 rounds through it now - I think I've found a keeper! This gun is getting to be habit forming!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts